Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Do you really want to know? I pretty much just ripped that band aid off and went to town, except that I didn't quite remove enough floor to get the muffler out the first time so I had to cut it twice. I am going to go back and clean up that cut, make a similar cut on the starboard side, you know to make them look the same and like I knew what I was doing and then make a new floor piece for the stern area, glass it, carpet and hopefully have it all done by Thursday next week. But yeah, not happy at all about having to cut out a floor that I overbuilt and had zero intention of ever having to take it out again.
    I will be ok , lol at least you found the issue !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Update: New muffler, flange and exhaust hoses installed on the port side Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday ran the boat and did a water test as well on the lake and the maximum temperature I saw was around 183 degrees on the port exhaust elbow while the starboard was about 25-30 degrees cooler. I even did a few full throttle pulls and the temperature never went above 185 while according to the temperature gauge the engine is running just under 160 degrees after getting to temperature.

So to recap, the boat has a new raw water pump, new impeller on the raw water pump, new thermostat, new gaskets all the way around, new muffler, flange and hoses on the port side only. The port manifold was gone through, cleaned and found clear of obstructions, new elbow sitting on top of the port manifold and I think I have finally stopped chasing my tail on this. Now to find gray carpet to cover the new floor piece I had to make to cover the floor that I had to cut out to get that muffler out.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Great news! What is your theory on why the port muffler crapped out like that? Factory defect or cold northern weather?

Quote Originally Posted by NoWake View Post
    Great news! What is your theory on why the port muffler crapped out like that? Factory defect or cold northern weather?
    Going with factory defect, if it was cold northern weather I would expect both of them to have failed. Also, when I installed them right before I laid the floor one had a small rattle to it while the other did not. Guess which side the one with the rattle ended up.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski