Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SquamInboards View Post
    You mentioned idling on the trailer, no issue. But then you said you take it on the lake to go above idle and that's when you see the temp climb. Have you run it at higher rpm on the trailer to see if the flow is still even between the exhausts?
    We have run it at a "high" idle and it climbs a little but nothing that raises any flags. At idle it is about 20-30 degree difference and when you run it on the lake and go to hop on plane the temp shoots up from 130-140 on the port to 205 just getting out of the hole while the starboard side is still ice cold.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by leetudor View Post
    Is the riser gasket installed correctly?
    Indeed it is with the forward most water passageway blocked and the back open, or said another way, the "tab" is aft on the gasket. I have now installed three of them alone this week on that port manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    We have run it at a "high" idle and it climbs a little but nothing that raises any flags. At idle it is about 20-30 degree difference and when you run it on the lake and go to hop on plane the temp shoots up from 130-140 on the port to 205 just getting out of the hole while the starboard side is still ice cold.
    Hmm. Thanks for the quick reply!. Do you know how hot it will get? I only ask because mine will never get much above 250. Which is nicely inside of the tolerance of VHT silicone hose...

Hmm. Thanks for the quick reply!. Do you know how hot it will get? I only ask because mine will never get much above 250. Which is nicely inside of the tolerance of VHT silicone hose...
    The answer is, I don't know and that I don't want to find out. I stop and go to idle as soon as I see 200 degrees or so which is basically the boat coming on plane and then I go to idle. I could guess that my elbow temp could get all the way up to and over what it takes to cook an exhaust hose which I do not know the temperature rating on mine. I know it is less than 600-700 degrees or however hot straight exhaust gas is.

The answer is, I don't know and that I don't want to find out. I stop and go to idle as soon as I see 200 degrees or so which is basically the boat coming on plane and then I go to idle. I could guess that my elbow temp could get all the way up to and over what it takes to cook an exhaust hose which I do not know the temperature rating on mine. I know it is less than 600-700 degrees or however hot straight exhaust gas is.
    Well, my phone just told me you replied. But it didn't tell me to go back and read the other post you just wrote about your failed muffler! So I'm glad you found a likely cause.

Well, my phone just told me you replied. But it didn't tell me to go back and read the other post you just wrote about your failed muffler! So I'm glad you found a likely cause.
    Oh, also I believe the max. rating on regular exhaust hose is 250F. So where mine was hovering in that range it would take a while but eventually damage the hose. But I could use the boat for months sometimes without a problem because my issue only appears at extended idle, not the other way around. In your case, you are probably wise not to have tested its maximum temp.

Straight hose on the port side no issues other than my wife would complain about the noise though I don't really see a problem there...but then I remember I have a little boy now and he does not care for loud noises yet.

Straight hose on the port side no issues other than my wife would complain about the noise though I don't really see a problem there...but then I remember I have a little boy now and he does not care for loud noises yet.
    Haha, yes my boy is now 4 and just started loving the sound of the boat. My 2 year old isn't there yet. She likes going slowly...

Glad you solved it!

How did cutting into your floor feel ? Lol I'm glad it was justified .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    How did cutting into your floor feel ? Lol I'm glad it was justified.
    Do you really want to know? I pretty much just ripped that band aid off and went to town, except that I didn't quite remove enough floor to get the muffler out the first time so I had to cut it twice. I am going to go back and clean up that cut, make a similar cut on the starboard side, you know to make them look the same and like I knew what I was doing and then make a new floor piece for the stern area, glass it, carpet and hopefully have it all done by Thursday next week. But yeah, not happy at all about having to cut out a floor that I overbuilt and had zero intention of ever having to take it out again.