I am looking for some input on my plans to add some ballast to my direct drive launch. The boat is a 2000 launch 21, and it came with a hard tank under the rear seat. I am looking to add a bag to the rear storage locker, and one to the center ski locker under the playpen. My idea for the rear was to use a piggy back setup off of the overflow for the hard tank. My only concern with this setup is the current ballast vent location. The storage locker is pretty high in the rear, so the vent would be an inch or 2 lower then the top of the rear locker bag. I could try to add a loop in the vent line to get it a bit higher to allow the rear bag to fill fully. Would it be best to T off the current hard tank vent, or block it off and vent through the bag? If anyone has any experience with a similar setup, please feel free to chime in with some guidance.

The center locker is huge and easy. I am planning to add a reversible pump with dedicated feed and a dedicated vent for this front bag. I am looking at the 1200lb gravity games center bag wakemakers sell. It wont be able to fully fill, but I should be able to easily get 800-1000 lbs in it. Is there any concern with running a bag that will never fully fill? This bag is a monster and measures in at 88x19x19. If the bag is adequately vented it should conform to the space and bleed off the extra water through the vent, correct?

Last, I havent been able to play with weight in the boat at all. Does this hull respond better to weight in a certain area? I am reading front weight is better, but once again.....looking for real world input.

Any input is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!