Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Little ski advice

I am 6'4 220# 55 years old getting back in the course and need a ski

I will be starting from scratch. i was a 36 mph 22 off as a youngster on my EPx2 165 obviously that is not going to get me out of the water at 220.

Please advise on good performing ski that wont kill me getting up . Thanks in advance for any advice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The radar senate is a very forgiving great all around 34 mph ski. Do some research on it. You would probably want to go with a 69 like this one. http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skii...m&postid=38129
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Thankyou I will look into it

Staff shooter Dream Shot Archery makers of Twisted Minds bowstrings.
    Hoyt Pro Comp Elite XL 51#
    AXcel Acheive sight. Hamskea rest

If you'd like an easy ski to get up on, but one that still seems to rip, look at the Goode wide design. I haven't been on one, but people seem to love it. I've been riding their asymmetric 9800, which has been a great ski. The design gives the off-side turn a very nice feel.

I went ten years without upgrading my old ho skis. I was running a monza and a system 8. a few years back I picked up a left over strada. Killer ski! Crazy how much technology has advanced the skis. I'm running a 2012 love it but I'm thinking of another upgrade this winter.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Since you're planning on getting back into the course I'd say just go for the top. I'm a 15 into 22 skier (34 MPH 53 years old) and I'm on a D3 Quest which is a full on course ski and it's been good to me from 28 MPH on. I'm 180 lbs on a 67 so I'd agree with Cusefan, 69 is probably for you. That being said, I had a Senate for a season before it was stolen, and have nothing bad to say about it, it's a very good ski. Nowadays at our level, any top ski will be a great ski.

I will say, it's always a bit of a strain getting out of the water, but you can't run the course on a wide ski anyways besides which, 34 mph in the course is a lot more work than getting out of the water anyhow.

Go big or go home. Get one of these and you can never blame missing a ball on the ski again.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skii...m&postid=38978

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skii...m&postid=38663

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Did what you all suggested ended up with a Radar Senate 71" very happy

Congrats on the new ski. Wish there was more season left here in Illinois. But I think were done. At 56 years old its just not that enjoyable anymore putting the drysuit on to extend my season. Plus my hockey league started and I`m in hockey mode till spring.
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

We skied Wednesday here in Ontario, very nice day, 4 skiers went out. 3 of us were in a shorty and one went out bikini.

Glad to hear you're liking the Senate!