Default Frustrating breaking something

Don't you hate it when your on the water and something breaks. Snapped the accelerator cable end that connects to the control unit while out on the water. After checking it wasn't on the engine (carbs side), I pulled the control unit off out on the river. I had gear but no acceleration. Found the end piece had broken next to the split pin. Very difficult to get to the cable to start with. Then pulling the cable with some pliers to make the long drive back faster than idle was hood but very difficult getting on the trailer with that method. Still better than being stuck. Anyway have ordered new piece so hopefully back together in a week or 2.

Hey that's not bad, last October on my old boat hit a sandbar, got enough sand and grit in the fresh water cooling loop that it wasn't circulating. Wrecked the prop so ended up paddling 4 miles up the lake to the launch for fear of overheating and causing engine damage too. There wasn't another boat out that evening, nothing but glass. It is a real piss off having issues on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me on vacation a couple years ago. Found the local Skiers Choice dealer, which had a big sign out front about "Pontoon Capital" or some such nonsense and more pontoons than I ever seen, but a few inboards. No love there but they sent me on a bread crumb hunt to several other dealers and boat repair shops and one had a cable end that would work, vacation saved.