Question Starter ignition: No spark when key turns over...

Ok guys, I've put a new 12v battery in, the voltmeter on the dash only reads 10v when the key is in auxillary position. New starter, new slave solenoid, new 50 amp engine breaker, new ballast resistor. I am able to jump the transmission via placing a flat head screwdriver on the "S" post of the slave solenoid that runs to the neutral safety switch of the transmission, but nothing fires over to the starter to crank the engine over. Thus, when I turn the key (3 prong lead key ignition - battery, solenoid, ignition) upon starting regularly I am getting nothing. No click, no crank? What are your thoughts on what is holding up the circuit from completing? New starter ignition switch? 14 gauge wire running from starter ignition switch to neutral safety switch? I will check the tightness of the starter mounting screws later today to make sure they are tight and I don't have a loose ground. Something seems to be drawing my new battery down and I am having difficulty getting a fire at the key ignition to the transmission. Any thoughts would be of much appreciation!

Thanks,

"Be Well and Have a Supra Day!"

Dr. K

Put a multi-meter on the battery and see if you have 12v. Can you jump the starter contacts to get it to engage? What motor/boat are we dealing with?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

jump across both positive cables on solenoid with or with out key on , once you verify the starter cranks the turn the key on and look for 12vdc at the I terminal , turn the key an see if it cranks or if you have voltage on the starter wire attached to the solenoid, report back and always check your connections and try to crank again
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY