Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've defected.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    2004..... I shopped/drove everything from 2004 - 2017 and decided this was the sweet spot for me for price (and I'm super, super, super skeptical of the computer screens in the new boats.)
    Couldn't agree more. I think my sweet spot for a boat is more like 1998. Relatively simple EFI and no digital gauges, screens, throttle/shift control, or ignition switch. I see way too many issues with all the electronics in newer boats, no thanks. And I worked at a marina for 8 years and I'm in IT. So, yeah.

Nice boat, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by SquamInboards View Post
    I see way too many issues with all the electronics in newer boats, no thanks. And I worked at a marina for 8 years and I'm in IT. So, yeah.
    At work, we joke about how we trouble shoot or "fix" any messages that they plane throws. Just turn it off and reset it.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Malibu makes a nice boat. They seem fairly well built and throw a nice wake. I won't touch the fancy electronics though, I deal with technology all day and stay strictly mechanical when I'm not at work. What was the fate of the Saltare, went to a good home I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    What was the fate of the Saltare, went to a good home I presume?
    Yes. Sold it to a very nice family in the spring. I believe he's on the forum (or at least has been.) Last I heard him and his family were enjoying their summer on it and I have received several reports of it being seen on local highways and lakes.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

You're definitely going to need to come to the Supra Reunion now - just to confuse everyone. Beautiful boat. Congrats.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    You're definitely going to need to come to the Supra Reunion now - just to confuse everyone. Beautiful boat. Congrats.
    Hahaha -- What I need is for you to get a twin Malibu so that I don't feel so alone scrolling through these pages!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Hahaha -- What I need is for you to get a twin Malibu so that I don't feel so alone scrolling through these pages!
    Hey! You're the one who broke up the twin-sy thing we had going on! I don't have any more ski boats, but my boat ownership has grown to three - much more than I should have.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839