Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1989 Sunsport

you should have a standard (LH) rotation engine. The first 3 letters of the ID tag are PL (PCM Left rotation) or PR (PCM Right rotation).

looking from the front of the engine, the impeller will be on the left side where the top coolant tube comes down from the t-stat housing. there are two bolts that will need to be loosened to get the tension off the belt that drives the pump. the impeller is housed in there, it's an easy swap. just remember to mark the housing up and down so that you don't reinstall it upside down.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Rcweltz View Post
    Also, I keep hearing about new impellers but can't find a write up or any info or how to on them.

If you mean the impeller in the waterpump, then check out this thread (http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum...ller-direction). Not hard to change. Some folks change the impeller every year. Or you can take a look and just change the O-ring if the impeller is looking ok. Lots of people pull them during the winter so the vanes don't get set. Mostly, remember to mark Up and Down on the waterpump before it comes out so it doesn't go back in upside-down.

Just got my transmission back in and it doesn't go down close enough to the shaft. About an inch off. Is it ok to pull the shaft up to the right position? On the transmission mounts there is like a sir clip between the rubber bushing and the top square adjustment and every time I try to adjust the mount up or down, the clip starts cutting into the rubber, are you suppose to take that clip off? Also I just realized that my whole engine is tilted to the passenger side. All this is ecspecially weird to me because I never messed with any of the adjustment when taking it out. Just had the tranny out to rebuild it and now trying to get it back in. I know how to do the alignment and have read a lot on how to do it but no one else had about a inch to adjust to. Any help is appreciated.
    1985 Sunsport

2010 GMC 1500