Default 05 22SSV Fuel Injector Removal

Have not been on here in a while, but have been searching around and can't find much information on an issue that has me stumped and the boat inoperable.

Finished a long weekend hboat trip about 4 weeks ago and had not started it since. Last weekend I went to start it, it fired right up but was idling rough, missing. Taking it out of gear and increasing the throttle made it even more apparent that something was wrong and I just put it back on the trailer. Once I got it home, I replaced the cap and rotor as well as plugs since it had been a while, 2 years? Looking at the old cap and rotor I thought that was the issue. Fired it up on the hose and still missing. All wires tested good, so I was going remove and clean the injectors since that has never been done.

So once I started to remove the plenum, I realized that I don't have a procedure or method for doing this. I have looked around the web and there is plenty of information on how to clean them, but nothing about how to remove them for a 2005 Indmar 5.7.

My current status is that I have removed the plastic cover (velco, really?) and the six hex bolts that secure the plenum. I tapped on it lightly to see if this large block would come loose and I can just lift it up to remove the fuel rails, but it seems pretty solid. I would appreciate any advice you guys have that might have done this before.

Thanks,

Dave
    2005 22 SSV GG

You don't have to remove the injectors to clean them. I doubt dirty injectors are the cause of the instant running problem you discribed.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    You don't have to remove the injectors to clean them. I doubt dirty injectors are the cause of the instant running problem you discribed.
    So I thought about throwing in a bunch of fuel injector cleaner, but with a previous vehicle, it took running a couple tanks of gas through it before there were any noticeable results.

Is that what your suggesting or is there another method of doing it without removal?

What other things would cause a cylinder to stop firing? I have verified that each one is getting spark. How do you verify fuel injectors are being told to open properly?
    Last edited by Sluggo; 09-01-2016 at 10:49 AM.
    2005 22 SSV GG

I had a 6.0 vortec in a project truck that had been sitting for some time and had injector issues. I was able to test the injectors by using 12v + and - test leads to listen for a "click" from each. In my case, a few of them didn't click and I had to remove and send out for cleaning and flow testing.