Default Audio Woes - Your sage advice requested!

Hey Folks,
    Posting here as the audio-video thread doesn't seem to get much traction. As some of you have read, working out kinks in my new (to me) 2010 Sunsport 22v and one of those involves the stereo system. Between garbage tower speakers (bazookas of some kind), a ground fault and non-responsive head unit/ remote (intermittently non-responsive, have to change volume via Vision 95% of the time) I am about to pull my hair out. Anyone from the 2009-2011 range have any success upgrading head units?
    Anyone at all have recommendations for new head unit and remote? I really want to do a system where I can change volume on the tower speakers independent of the cabin speakers.
    Also anyone have suggestions for a good price-point tower speaker? Mostly surf but board some as well so want something we can hear decently 80' back. Doesn't need to be Rev-8 good but something with decent tonality and volume at distance without "blaring" the boat would be killer.

Thanks so much in advance.

My best advice, stick with your original thread regarding ALL stereo issues. https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...374#post125374
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Wylietunes View Post
    My best advice, stick with your original thread regarding ALL stereo issues. https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...374#post125374
    Thanks for the re-direct, I had forgotten about that thread and lost sight of it. Looks like you might be in my Region, are you on Lake Wylie in CLT?

I am indeed.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio