Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2007 Supra 22SSV Bennet Pump runs all time

Have a question. Just purchased a new to us 2007 Supra Launch 22SSV. Great boat. Old owner of boat had disconnected Bennet wake plate pump wiring in back because pump ran all the time. I have plugged in both connecters. One when you plug in can hear solenoid clicking. When you hook up three wire connection the pump turns on and runs all the time whether the key switch is on or not. It will push plate down with Pro Trim Switch but won't retract it. I have checked the Pro Trim adjustment switch with ohm meter and it checks out. I thought the pump was only activated when moving wake plate up or down. I can jumper wire connection to get plate back up. On the Protrim Switch shouldn't the center prong be powered and then when activating switch it should send power back to pump and solenoid to inniate the direction for pump rotation either to push plate down or pull plate up depending on which way you move Pro Trim Switch. I have no power at switch. Thanks.

Welcome.

Do you think you have a bad relay? If you know the lever/switch on the steering wheel is good, it sounds like you hyd motor is working.

I know you can bypass the circuit and go directly to the hyd motor to test that. Should be three wires - blue, green, and yellow. I think blue is the motor forward and green is the motor backwards. Yellow should be for the solenoid.

Try calling Bennett Marine. They helped me on my old I/O.
    Eastern Time (FL)
    Phone: (954) 427-1400

Thanks for the info. Will give Bennet a call.

Update the thread with your result/fix. Good luck.

The trim ram should have limits for travel , or pressure limit , once its reached enough or traveled far enough it should see a limit to shut down pump . Take a pic of what you got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Called Bennet,
    Tech guy was very helpful. Thought it might be stuck relay. Have received relay module, yet no relays. Picked up possible relays from local parts store. Made pig tails to check new relay and module. Doing same thing. Trying to figure out does solenoid valve get first energized then send energy to run pump motor, if so could bad solenoid valve be what is causing pump to run continuous. About to pull what hair is left out.

Received relay. Not problem. Have narrowed down to solenoid on pump.

Received new solenoid. Installed, same problem, pump runs continuously. Beginning to think that it is wiring problem. The perfect pass system controls are backwards also use the bottom or down button to increase speed, the top button to decrease speed. Thinking it probably was wired wrong from factory. From column control, should ther be power coming from switch controls?

The switch is connected to the relay , the relay is supplied the 12v and then the switch closes the contacts and that relays to pump . Take switch out , buy a meter , put on D.C. Voltage , and measure off switch to ground from each point . Is voltage on both sides ? If so then the switch is the culprit feeding continuos voltage to pump . Or when you hook up relay does it click when you plug it up ? Switch , relay , pump , limit . That's the order of diagnostic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Thanks for info. This is the info and the directions I need to be pointed in.