Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Design for Folding observer seat for a '92 conbrio

Hi, I have a '92 Impulse (the cheaper Conbrio) and wondered if there are any good designs on newer boats that allow a folding seat in the windshield walk through area to the bow playpen that would allow you to extend the observers seat across the walk through when you need it. I will post a pic of the drivers cushion sort of shoved in that area to show what I'm after. Have to reupholster anyway so now is the time. image.jpg
    Last edited by johngtate; 09-29-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Default Design for Folding observer seat for a '92 conbrio

When i get back to my boat i will post a couple of pics of my walk through cushion. It has a pair of locking brackets and a hinged cushion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds perfect- thanks! Do you have a rough idea of when that would be? The only reason I ask is that I may try and get upholstery work done in the next few weeks.

Possibly tomorrow or sunday

In case those pics dont make sense. The walk through cushion is broken up into 3 cushions. The middle one pops up locks into place. The pictures show the hinge and locking arms to hold the seat back up.

I will grab a pic of the in boat view shortly.

Thanks for the pics- I think I get the basic idea. If you have an overall pic like you mentioned that would be helpful. I have one long cushion that covers a hole underneath, which is the ski locker so mine would need a way to bridge that so that nothing leaks in when it's flat, but that should be doable.

Really appreciate the help- which year and model do you have?

My boat is a 2000 supra launch 21 direct drive.

I think u could keep your existing walkthrough base. Mine is one solid piece.

I will get a pic for you, just havent been around the boat much recently.

Awesome idea! I was thinking you could make a frame that has something along the lines of a simple pool lounge chair? Lift up and sit the bar in the hooks? I might have to look into this one