Default Places in Midwest for Stringer repair

Soft spot in my floor is bothering me and I'm sure i can get by without but i still would like to take my boat to have it gone through and see if I am in need (I'm betting yes) of a stringer repair. Any ideas of anyone other that Bennets (seems to not do them anymore) that does good work for a reasonable price. I figure anywhere from 3-5 for the whole deal.
    any ideas?????

I think Viper does them in Maryville TN.
    I'm in St Louis and will be looking for stringer repairs in the next couple years. I talked with the guys at Farmer's fiberglass repair just over the river. They seemed pretty decent, and the local in-board shop here uses them to outsource repairs on their new fancy MC boats. I haven't seen any work though.
    Any other recommendations would be welcome.
    Last edited by scottschmitt; 10-04-2016 at 05:13 PM.

any idea on what they charged for prices on their work?

I think when I called they were hesitant to give a number over the phone and said bring the boat by and we'll take a look.

Any place will need to see the boat to assess. Stringer work is not cheap and will be a tear up. You can save money by gutting the interior. I had D&S Marine in Roscoe, IL do some work and they found my stringers need to be re-worked a bit (cracks in the bottom of the hull...no idea how). If the stringers move, they will need to re-enforce them and re-glass all around them. But that show I mentioned does great work. They did some gel work and buffed/polished the hull and looks like new. Pretty meticulous and straight shooters.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV - Indmar 8100/496HO
    - 1235 Prop
    - 1180 center bag and 950 rears
    - Suck gate
    - Big stereo
    - RGB cup holders and drain light

Tow Mule - 2005 Escalade AWD 6.0

Just dropped my 86 pirata at the boatworks in Powell Tennessee, Shanne is straight up guy prices are reasonable. Long drive from Illinois but I got to see his work in progress on a few boat can't wait to see the finished product

Pirata do you know what the estimate was that he gave you for price as well as what all was included? (full gut job, new carpet, etc etc)

I'm not going going to give a price but I'm having new stringer, floors, carpet and interior done I stripped the interior and motor and all I can say is give Shanne a call you won't be disappointed. I will say his cost was cheaper than anyone in Illinois gave me for stringers and floor alone. I also toured his shop and got to see several boat in various stages, I was to say the least impressed with what I saw, lots of master crafts and Supra boats and a few moomba's