Default 1989 Mariah - - - 2007 Launch 20

I've had my '89 Mariah since '99. It's been a great boat (still is). I liked it so much that I just got an '07 Launch 20 to pick up a little more top end speed for footing and the ability to get a bigger wake for wakeboarding/surfing. The hauls are very similar - looking forward to next summer!

Now looking to find a new home for the '89. Boat is near Pittsburgh/Central City, PA. Have it listed on Craigslist and Only Inboards. Here's a few picks of the supra's.IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1167.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay the photos didn't post well at all. Will try again.IMG_1167.JPG[IMG][/IMG]

IMG_1166.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

Nice... enjoy the 20. I've been playing with mine for 3 years now, and love it. Wish it was bigger on big water, but it works great for now. They respond very well to a homemade SUCKgate, fwiw.

Weird, I just noticed it was a direct drive. That's probably not real common.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I had to look up what a SuckGate was... so, the ballast and trim isn't enough on the Launch 20? Are there instructions somewhere on how to build a Suck Gate?

Quote Originally Posted by robert.d.oates View Post
    I had to look up what a SuckGate was... so, the ballast and trim isn't enough on the Launch 20? Are there instructions somewhere on how to build a Suck Gate?

Stock ballast won't get you very far. I upgraded to 750lb bags in my rear lockers, and am able to surf fine with those. I find the shape/length of the wave is way better with some kind of surf device. The suckgate did the trick for me. Added bonus is that I don't need a full boat and everyone sitting on one side to get a good wave. People can sit comfortably, and I don't feel like I'm sinking my boat.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V