I've owned my '92 Impulse (cheaper Conbrio) for 21 years and now that I'm a mid-40s OK slalom skier who usually skis slow (31-32 free ski, 28-29 in course) I find the wake to be very hard and larger. This has become apparent on my older body, and the fact that I have been skiing behind a '99 Nautique closed bow and '00 MC SportStar closed bow with friends the past few years, and both have virtually no wake at the same speeds.

Is it possible that my boat has gotten slightly heavier if it has absorbed water in the floor (I now have a soft spot or two in the rear, but not bad) or can I just expect that the wake will be slightly larger on this boat than an MC or Nautique? My boat doesn't appear to ride any lower on the waterline than always, so maybe I'm just wearing out.

Love the look and feel of my Supra but with a bigger family I am considering a bowrider that is not a playpen like I have now, especially if I can get a smaller, softer wake. Any input you can provide would be appreciated. When I read Waterski they rate the '93 Supra comp hull as one of the best used boats for slaloming, but I don't know if that means above 32 and deep shortline.

Eddies 101216c.jpg