Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemrnofear View Post
    Do you seal the stringers and floor or glass them in when you are done, the guy doing my stringers, floor and transom insisted that he doesn't need to take the cap off.. and I don't know what u do to help preserve them when u r done. He is going to put drain holes in the stringers as suggested.... he has an old Supra comp he is working on for a guy and I saw the cap off and he said the owner took the cap off and tried to do it himself and he said that guy "went to far"?
    The foam is what held the water causing the stringers to rot , so if he's cutting out limber holes then that would allow any water to to flow back into the bilge .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

He said he can cut into the skirting? to get to it, but I think as he looks at it more he is going to realize the cap is coming off. He quoted me $2500-3000 for the stringers floor and carpet (which is a screaming deal), and I made him tell me he couldn't get into it and realize it was more work and try to charge me more, so I will have to make sure he is doing it the correct way and not trying to cut corners (literally!). I told him I wanted to take photos throughout the process so I would have visible proof it was redone in case I want to sell it down the road. I don't want to do it, I don't want to pay the guy at the fiberglass shop who quoted me a whopping $10K (He just didn't want to do it I bet), so I am hoping this works out ok. He is also installing my tower and I am going to have him plumb in ballast while he has the floors out.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemrnofear View Post
    He said he can cut into the skirting? to get to it, but I think as he looks at it more he is going to realize the cap is coming off. He quoted me $2500-3000 for the stringers floor and carpet (which is a screaming deal), and I made him tell me he couldn't get into it and realize it was more work and try to charge me more, so I will have to make sure he is doing it the correct way and not trying to cut corners (literally!). I told him I wanted to take photos throughout the process so I would have visible proof it was redone in case I want to sell it down the road. I don't want to do it, I don't want to pay the guy at the fiberglass shop who quoted me a whopping $10K (He just didn't want to do it I bet), so I am hoping this works out ok. He is also installing my tower and I am going to have him plumb in ballast while he has the floors out.
    He is not going to do it correctly then with cap on it makes things really hard to lay out and lay up , it's really not a big deal pulling the cap , thing is just long and awkward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Can you lift cap
    Off with out a lift? Can a couple of friends just lift it off?

Maybe 4-6 strong tall friends? The cap has to be supported in the front and has to be lifted high enough to clear the hull . I have seen a lot of guys build a structure out of wood .