Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A guy in Stockton is doing the stringers floor and carpet for $2500. The only upholstery that needs to be done is the back cushions and hatch and I think I can get that for $500. here are the pics I took I am using a guy in Stockton, CA that I was referred to by the local fiberglass boat repair place. He is replacing the stringers, floor, transom and carpet for $2500... crazy, the upholstery is all perfect except the back seat and storage cover and he is having the upholstery guy from down the street come down and give me a quote. I'm thinking under $400. Then he is going to test the compression on the motor to see if I even need to rebuild it yet or just run it until I have to do it. He has never done ballasts, so I am sending him ideas. I am new to this too, so I am hoping I do it right the first time. He is also going to install my tower for a couple hundred. SO if I don't have to rebuild the motor I'm looking at about $7200 for the boat to be surf ready with ballast, tower and all new floors and interior and stereo.... I think that is a pretty sweet deal. I was looking at the surf system for $3999 is I really want to get crazy in the future. I am uploading some before pix...having issues getting them to upload (obviously)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Littlemrnofear; 11-07-2016 at 09:36 PM. Reason: photo issues

[attach]img_1233.jpg[/attach]

IMO i wouldn't drop $8k on this. instead i'd look for a 91-92+ sunsport which would have composite stringers so you'd never have to worry about it. some 91's had composite, but all 92's+ should. you can tell which models do if they have the rounded windshield instead of squared off windshield.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

I see your point, but all of the sunsports I have seen with composite stringers were upwards of $10k, no tower ballast or anything. I figure, I'm 52, the stringers will last longer than me.... I don't think I will spend $3999 on the surf deal though... I will get, or make a surf gate for cheap and call it good....without a motor rebuild that boat only cost $4700 with the new floors and ballast, tower and upholstery, everything. I think I can squeeze that much fun out of it in a couple of years and If I am that crazy for surfing, I will upgrade. I just didn't want to sink a small fortune into a boat until I really know I will love doing it. I'm sure I can turn around and sell if for about what I put into it if I don't get too carried away.... now it's turned into a "project" lol

$4700 is a good deal then if there's no other surprises. i bought my '88 six years ago for $4500 with the original floors and stringers, so you're ahead of the game there.

edit: get perfect pass or hydrophase ridesteady--they're probably the best investment you can make for surfing or wakeboarding.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

Anybody fixing up a supra, please look at my posting on craigslist in minnesota, go to craigslist,mn search only "ssbb" and my ads will come up, i regret not finishing this boat, i am buying a baja islander 11/12/16 i am willing to deal on my 1988 supra saltare parts, it is the same boat when you search saltare images it comes up as the one with the bent left bow rail and it its leaning. I think the cation read "lightly used sunsport" or something?

120 compression on all 8.... I think I am golden for a while. Just needs a new carb since it's been sitting for two years, but it fired right up....

There's a guy on the MC forums that just rebuilt mine this season for half of what you'd pay for a new one. His name is Peter, email address is [email protected]. Did a great job, mine is just like new now.

Where ? I'm in Sf Bay Area ?

he's in Minnesota. you pay for shipping it to him, he ships it back free. good guy to work with, he was always available via phone when i had questions during the re-install. i'm sure some might rather use a local shop but he's done hundreds of them and has a great reputation on these forums.