Default Our boat life as a Moomba commercial

I had a friend out on the boat that has a video production company. He brought a couple of his toys (Phantom 4 and an Osmo) and made a rad video of our fall boating adventure. I'm beyond stoked at how it came out. Huge thanks to Roy! http://roydufek.com/

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Awesome video! That water looks cold as balls, though.
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

Quote Originally Posted by markthered View Post
    Awesome video! That water looks cold as balls, though.
    Well, if you're used to the Trinity, then YES, water temp of 59 degrees would make yours shrink up fo sho. That said, in my drysuit, I was perfectly comfortable. The wife used her 3/2 full suit and was likewise just fine (she even has her own drysuit and opt'd for the wetsuit). But yeah, not the 80 to 90 degree water you get. But at least our water is blue (okay, maybe blue/green) and not brown, and we can see more than 4" when we're in it. hahaha.

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Well, if you're used to the Trinity, then YES, water temp of 59 degrees would make yours shrink up fo sho. That said, in my drysuit, I was perfectly comfortable. The wife used her 3/2 full suit and was likewise just fine (she even has her own drysuit and opt'd for the wetsuit). But yeah, not the 80 to 90 degree water you get. But at least our water is blue (okay, maybe blue/green) and not brown, and we can see more than 4" when we're in it. hahaha.

great video. How neat is that?
    Thx for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    But at least our water is blue (okay, maybe blue/green) and not brown, and we can see more than 4" when we're in it. hahaha.
    With all of the gators I've seen on logs and the bank at the Trinity, I'm not sure I want to see more than 4" in it. And by the way, 4" might be on the generous side in terms of visibility.
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

What an awesome video!

Grabbed the boat and went out for a cruise on the Kentucky River in downtown Frankfort (our state capitol) on a whim Sunday. I don't boat there frequently because it's muddy, narrow, and shallow - but it's 25 minutes from my driveway. Wore shorts and took gear with ambitious goals, but RideSteady said 64 degree water temp, 72 degree air temp, and my toe in the water said, "NO WAY". We enjoyed a 2 hour cruise and a few cervesas, and it's winterize time in KY! Time to do the snow dance for West Virginia!
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    What an awesome video!

Grabbed the boat and went out for a cruise on the Kentucky River in downtown Frankfort (our state capitol) on a whim Sunday. I don't boat there frequently because it's muddy, narrow, and shallow - but it's 25 minutes from my driveway. Wore shorts and took gear with ambitious goals, but RideSteady said 64 degree water temp, 72 degree air temp, and my toe in the water said, "NO WAY". We enjoyed a 2 hour cruise and a few cervesas, and it's winterize time in KY! Time to do the snow dance for West Virginia!
    I'd die for conditions like that this time of year. I mean, at 64 degrees, I would probably only be wearing a heater jacket and MAYBE some wetsuit shorts. Hell, our water temps are in the mid to upper 60's most of the summer. If our water gets over 70 we're trunking it!

For my video, the water was 59 and air was probably in the upper 50's or maybe low 60's at best. But as you can see, I wouldn't trade it! was a fantastic day on the water for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    What an awesome video!

HAHAH! I trunk it down to 57-58 (it used to be 54, but I'm an old man now and not as hungry as I used to be.) Heater gets me a few degrees below that. But, our river just dropped to 49 last night. I'm done for the year. :/
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    HAHAH! I trunk it down to 57-58 (it used to be 54, but I'm an old man now and not as hungry as I used to be.) Heater gets me a few degrees below that. But, our river just dropped to 49 last night. I'm done for the year. :/
    Our water temp is down to 55. But it just rains and rains and rains this time of year. And with Daylight Saving Time happening in a week and a half, that will nuke ANY chance of after work sessions. Plus, early November is when we typically start seeing freezing temps overnight. The end is near, time to wax up the snowboard.