Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

They make coolant pressure testers to test the coolant hoses , ect . Mine has a blatter for radiators and then it pumps up to 15 psi . If it happens again or whatever . You may consider pressurizing the block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Looks like that is what I am looking at. I switched out MAP and TPS back to originals one at a time and there was no difference. Ran it for about 5 minutes and checked the oil. Looked good. Ran it for another 5 minutes and then sucked up 5 gal of antifreeze. Opened up heater hoses, block drains and cross over hose. Checked oil one final time and it appears there is a slight bit of water in there a there again. Going to drain and refill with fresh and new filter and leave it for the winter. Early spring I will start calling around and see about getting it pulled and block tested. What a huge waste of time and $500.
    2005 22 SSV GG

You don't need to pull the block to pressure test it . One was is to use water and use the test kit I mentioned , or you can use a smoke and cap off all the water exits , the system is not pressurized unless you have closed cooling . And by that the water intrusion should be pretty easy to spot with 5psi or more of pressure . The heads have Allen core plugs I think (2) on each head . They can rust out and cause that too . And it's hard to find unless you use test mentioned above .

LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    You don't need to pull the block to pressure test it . One was is to use water and use the test kit I mentioned , or you can use a smoke and cap off all the water exits , the system is not pressurized unless you have closed cooling . And by that the water intrusion should be pretty easy to spot with 5psi or more of pressure . The heads have Allen core plugs I think (2) on each head . They can rust out and cause that too . And it's hard to find unless you use test mentioned above .

Bingo. More tests, less throwing money at it blindly...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk