Default any reason you don't use a hard gas tank for ballast?

I am new to this, but It seems that a 45 gallon gas tank holds basically 45 gallons = 375 lbs, so if I can find one that fits under my back sunsport seats, would that be better than sacs???
    here are a bunch and I bet I can find a tank that will work? You guys have all of the experience, so Let me know
    thanxs
    here are a bunch of sizes off the bat

http://www.overtons.com/Boating-Mari...eck-Fuel-Tanks

Here is one way to look at it. A standard ballast sac will cost you about $.25 per lb of ballast capacity. A custom sac will cost about $.50 per lb of ballast capacity. Compare that to a fuel or water holding tank.

Sacs will fill up and conform to the locker cavity. A sac can be removed with easy. A sac only takes up space when its filled. A fuel tank will likely not have a side mounted port that would accommodate filling/draining. A water holding tank might. A fuel tank will have a large barbed filler inlet and very small ports designed for fuel return and venting. A water holding tank might have better port options.

Theres a reason there is a ballast sac market. KISS
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

who you callin stupid? lol I hear ya, figured I would ask, thx

A hard tank may have a use for under a floor or a hard to reach area, but for a v-drive where space (extra space) is a premium, why waste the space on a hard-tank when the sacs are only taking up space when filled. I store a lot of crap back there.

yeah, what they said. get a 380 pound fly high tube sack and be done with it. you can hard plumb it in or use an over the side pump. when it's empty, stuff can be stored there.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.