Default OEM rear teak deck repair 86 sunsoport

Has anyone tried to take oneIMG_1254.jpgIMG_1255.jpg of these apart??? there are (4) 20" bolts running through all of the slats the depth of the platform and I need to get the last slat that is farthest from the boat off and repair it. It is screwed in from the back and I can't get to the screws and if I try to take the lag bolts out the entire things will come apart. Any secret I am just not getting???

I have! And I will avoid doing it again at all costs. There are three threaded rods that run through the platform or should be at least. You need to remove the nuts from these which are on the end closest to the transom. Then, you get to ever so gently pry each individual board free from the rest as they are all stapled/nailed together. It will take you about 4-6 hours just to get it apart without rushing it and further damaging it. Plan on buying some spare teak in addition to the piece you are trying to repair/replace as you will probably damage a few pieces in the process. I did... Have fun and enjoy!
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

lol thanks?? I was thinking it is only the one piece broken off you can see in the pic, isn't there SOMETHING I can patch it with?? ugh

When did they add the chrome trim? I have an 84 Rider, and there's no trim.

Mine is an 86 so I guess 85 or 86

OK, well, I was able to use a jigsaw to cut the screws that were holding the last piece on, which was the only damaged piece. I flipped it over so the missing chunk was underneath and screwed it back in from the front instead of the back like they did.... there was no way I was going to try and take those bolts out and hope I could get it back together. The chrome trim hides the screws I put in, so once I refinish it, I am hoping it looks fabulous! although, I used the sawsall on the first try and cut into the wood piece a little before I switched to the jigsaw. That kinda bummed me out, but I think once I sand it a little and oil it, it shouldn't be that noticeable.... a lot better then buying a $600 teak deck, that teak is expensive!
    Last edited by Littlemrnofear; 11-11-2016 at 11:34 AM.

IMG_1309.jpg much nicer now!

Look good, nice fix cosmetically looks good from photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk