Default Propping a 1989 TS6M Comp for skiing

New to the Supra family. Just bought a 1989 TS6M Comp with 45 hours on it. No lie! Totally legit. The boat just was hardly ever used. We've done all the needed inspections, and this boat looks nearly showroom new. The swim deck rubber is cracked, but I'm thinking about replacing it with some Gator Step. But that's for a later date. The question I have for you in the Supra family is this: this boat will be used for slalom skiing only, and I'm wondering what everyone is using for performance props on these boats. We also have a 1988 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II, and when we bought that boat we re-propped from the original specs, mostly because props have improved so much in nearly 30 years. So if those of you who are running the TS6M Comp would share with me the props you are using, I would be very appreciative for the information.

I'm really sad that our season here in Utah is over. Going to have to wait until next Spring before we can get this new skier on the water.

Thanks in advance for the info.

I have a 96 ts6m that is only used for slalom in the course. It originally came with OJ 13x13 3 blade. I had heard all the great things about the new cnc props so I bought an acme 541 cnc. I found that it made the turbulence in the middle trough harder to cross. I returned it and now run an OJ legend 4 blade which worked the best.
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the ACME sight last night, and saw the 541 was a recommended prop for this boat. Glad to hear you have other experience. Which Legend 4 blade model are you running now, and when you went with that prop were you looking for the best hole shot, or better top end?

I am running the OJ 1215 force 13x13 LH 4 blade. (sorry i said legend in the first post) My main goal was to soften up the wake. I have the HO 351 gt40 and 1.1 trans. Never had a problem with hole shot with any of the props. I know people have experienced different top ends with prop change. But honestly my boat stayed right around 45 with all of them. Nettles props are great to deal with. I bought the 541 at end of season in 2014. Decided in spring of 2015 to return it. And they took it back no problem. They dont list the oj 4 blade 1215 on their site. But they can get it and will match the best price you can find on any prop.
    Last edited by foxriverat; 11-14-2016 at 02:21 PM.
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Thanks for the update. I'm getting some good information from the folks at ACME, but I'll be sure to contact Nettles as well, to glean their thoughts.

Looks like I'm narrowing things down a bit. Talking to the folks at ACME, our boat with the 1.23 RH tranny, on the 351, they're recommending the ACME 480 for use at our altitude. We do most of our boating between 3000' and 5500' elevation. They thought the 422 would be the right choice if we were at sea level. Does anyone use the 480 that could give me your impressions?

If not the 480 in the ACME line, anyone have a firm recommendation for any other manufacturers' props?

Quote Originally Posted by ProvoTS6M View Post
    Looks like I'm narrowing things down a bit. Talking to the folks at ACME, our boat with the 1.23 RH tranny, on the 351, they're recommending the ACME 480 for use at our altitude. We do most of our boating between 3000' and 5500' elevation. They thought the 422 would be the right choice if we were at sea level. Does anyone use the 480 that could give me your impressions?

If not the 480 in the ACME line, anyone have a firm recommendation for any other manufacturers' props?
    Look at deep blue yacht supply , they have several . And wake makers as well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY