Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wet Sounds SYN-DX Amp

Good afternoon Supra family. I bought a 89 Supra a few months back and I'm upgrading the tunes for next year. My plans are 6 SX-650, 2- Rev10s with the WS 420 EQ and theirs a 12 already in front of the drivers feet. The question I have is it worth the extra cash for the new D class SYN-DX amp. I was thinking a SYN 6 for the cabin and SYN 4 for the tower. Please give me your thoughts on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bj Mac; 11-27-2016 at 02:46 PM.

We have a few "audio people" here - hopefully one of them (Wylie tunes or jonyb) can give you some advice.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    We have a few "audio people" here - hopefully one of them (Wylie tunes or jonyb) can give you some advice.
    Thanks I just want to it right the first time and have it sounding great next year.

The question I have is it worth the extra cash for the new D class SYN-DX amp. I was thinking a SYN 6
    Without knowing whats there now driving the 6 in-boats and woofer, its hard to say if a new amp is worth the money. However, we can make some comparisons between the original Syn-6 and the new Syn-DX6

1st, if your woofer is a single voice coil 4 ohm or a 2 ohm dual voice coil woofer, either amp will safely drive that woofer. But, we need to know what woofer it is, in order to say whether the amps' 600W rms is a good match, over powered or under powered for the woofer.

for the in-boats. The original Syn-6 is going to deliver about 60W rms to each in-boat, where as the new DX6 is going to deliver 100W rms to each, so nearly 2X the wattage. This is a noticeable difference especially if you are going with a hi-performance speaker like the Wet Sounds 650 series.

The new DX6 has a smaller footprint than the retired Syn-6, making it easier to design and configure the amp wall.

The new Syn-DX line is class-D and MUCH more efficient compared to the class-A/B Syn-6. In this comparison, you could see no more current draw yet with more wattage and possible less current draw for more wattage.

So, if you happen to score a deal on perfectly good working used Syn-4 and Syn-6, then jump! Both are great amps and the Syn-6 will serve you well. But, if you are building from scratch and go with the new DX6 and DX4, then yes, they are worth the money.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Wylietunes View Post
    Without knowing whats there now driving the 6 in-boats and woofer, its hard to say if a new amp is worth the money. However, we can make some comparisons between the original Syn-6 and the new Syn-DX6

1st, if your woofer is a single voice coil 4 ohm or a 2 ohm dual voice coil woofer, either amp will safely drive that woofer. But, we need to know what woofer it is, in order to say whether the amps' 600W rms is a good match, over powered or under powered for the woofer.

for the in-boats. The original Syn-6 is going to deliver about 60W rms to each in-boat, where as the new DX6 is going to deliver 100W rms to each, so nearly 2X the wattage. This is a noticeable difference especially if you are going with a hi-performance speaker like the Wet Sounds 650 series.

The new DX6 has a smaller footprint than the retired Syn-6, making it easier to design and configure the amp wall.

The new Syn-DX line is class-D and MUCH more efficient compared to the class-A/B Syn-6. In this comparison, you could see no more current draw yet with more wattage and possible less current draw for more wattage.

So, if you happen to score a deal on perfectly good working used Syn-4 and Syn-6, then jump! Both are great amps and the Syn-6 will serve you well. But, if you are building from scratch and go with the new DX6 and DX4, then yes, they are worth the money.
    Thanks Wylietunes! I didn't make mention of the current sub and amp bc I had planed to just leave that alone at the time. When I bought the boat the sub had its own amp. With that being said all the rest will be new with the list I provided earlier. The amp
    Configuration is what Im needing help with.

Ok, so if the woofer has an amp and that all is staying intact, then you want a Syn-DX4 for the 6 in-boats.

2nd Syn-DX4 for Rev-10
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Default Wet Sounds SYN-DX Amp

Ok, so if the woofer has an amp and that all is staying intact, then you want a Syn-DX4 for the 6 in-boats.

2nd Syn-DX4 for Rev-10
    Please correct me if I'm wrong you'd use channel 1 and 2 on the rear four at 2 ohms and the front two on channel 3 and 4 at 4 ohms.
    Thanks for all your help BTW!

Last edited by Bj Mac; 11-28-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Or visa-versa
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Or visa-versa
    Good deal, I was just making sure me and was on the same page. I'll keep you posted on now it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bj Mac View Post
    Good deal, I was just making sure me and was on the same page. I'll keep you posted on now it goes.

I don't know how many they have left but i just pick up two of the SYN-4. That's a killer deal to me.