Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 4alkings View Post
    Looks like you got some good length to that wave. What kind of suck gate are you using?
    Haven't been back to this thread in awhile. Never saw the question. May have been answered on different thread. Sorry, I'm using the Inland Curl.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ght=inlandcurl
    Last edited by Mischief IV; 04-07-2018 at 12:24 AM.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Well, its been a year and half since I bought the 242 and it sure has been fun so I thought I would update. We had a fantastic summer for 2017 and ended up putting just over 100 hours on the motor as it got used about every weekend. So now it has just over 140 hours on it. I had the oil, V-drive, and tranny fluids changed twice already with one new impeller.

We had 19 family members try to learn to surf. Some were more successful than others but we never gave up trying with each one as we did many 360s time and time again. Even my 68 year old in-laws had to give it a try. "There is a pocket there...I promise you!"
    With the Southern Supra Reunion attendees and the neighbors also going at it, close to another 20 people rode behind the work horse. It never failed to produce lots of smiles so it has been well worth the price of admission.

I had to perform 2 separate repairs on the upholstery already as those hot days stretched it open at the seams when it got walked on but they were easy fixes. The wife also got to looking at the iPhone while driving and skimmed some rocks with the prop so she got a nice invoice for that one. Props (get it?) to forum member Gogger for shipping down a temp unit quickly that saved us from purchasing another.

So, after one successful season behind her, I decided to make a few upgrades to enhance the experience for all the future guests.

First off, I got the problematic Vision dash finally fixed. It got sent back to Supra and new firmware. The dealer could not connect and do it local of course, so I ended up getting the invoice for that one. This should make filling the ballast a lot better as I can now change the ballast timer for fill and empty. I bought new green impellers for the three pumps which tended to drain after awhile. See if that is the fix for those.

Second, I like the Sunsport for the walk thru bow which allows me to access the drivers seat easily. However, the front cushion is not long enough to fit a decent sized human on, much less lay down. I ordered skins from Supra and had a custom box made to fill in this area giving us more storage but easily removable to access ballast underneath floor. It is completely carpeted on both sides and just squeezes in for a tight fit. I get a Launch seating now but still easy in/ out at driver's station. May use this for some lead weight storage. See pics.

Third, the stereo sounded decent but gave me a few issues ultimately. You couldn't hear much when surfing because of the exhaust which is Supra Awesome!
    I contemplated a FAE exhaust but I live for the sound of an inboard motor. Best thing to do then was to upgrade the stereo. I completely removed all factory Polk, Clarion and Kicker amps and went with Fusion and Wetsounds with 3 separate zones. With the REV8s on the tower, the surfer will definitely hear the music now and I don't have to lose the great exhaust notes. See pics.

Fourth, besides wiping one out on the side of a dock, the wake racks performed sufficiently. But I decided to upgrade the wake racks to the newer Roswell Triton racks with MAG swivels. They are currently on backorder so no pics yet, but can't wait to try them out. I may use the old ones up higher up on the S-bend where they have additional screw holes for just such a thing.

I'm looking forward to summer and the reunion.

BEFORE

AFTER

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Deleted remote control...custom plate to cover.

Deleted tower side cans...custom plate to cover.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

You've definitely been up to some Mischief. Looks great - I especially like that new boat and padded covers.

You been up to any other boat work?

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    You've definitely been up to some Mischief. Looks great - I especially like that new boat and padded covers.

You been up to any other boat work?
    Thanks, if you know me, you know I have.

Well, your beloved pontoon got a new custom made bimini in GA Bulldawg red with a black boot to match her sister boat.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post

Well, your beloved pontoon got a new custom made bimini in GA Bulldawg red with a black boot to match her sister boat.
    Fascinating. Any other Supra boat work?

1986 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    Fascinating. Any other Supra boat work?
    You two...Oh boy I see the thread coming off the rails now.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Thread off the rails would be a blood-pressure thing when thinking of other Supra boat work.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    You two...Oh boy I see the thread coming off the rails now.
    Your phrasing of this is so much more apropos than you might realize. But no, we didn't come off the rails. In fact, we stayed very securely on them.

1986 Saltare