Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    So what you're saying is that you didn't get shorted on flecks in the garage floor paint?

That's a great deal on the FAE and will be something you appreciate every time you go out on the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Yeah, "little kid" cannot stop talking about TN and GA and wants to go back. Secretly I think she wants us to get a place or move there but that is another discussion. As for surfing I think everyone will enjoy less CO2 intake when surfing.
    Funny guys.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

You should at least build a fueling station with clear hose from the house down to the dock. And a fuel nozzle at the dock. Pour it in up top and dispense it at the dock. At least then you wouldn't have to carry the cans up and down the stairs. Although it is good exercise. get-shareit.com get-vidmateapk.com
    Last edited by yanisroy; 03-09-2022 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yanisroy View Post
    You should at least build a fueling station with clear hose from the house down to the dock. And a fuel nozzle at the dock. Pour it in up top and dispense it at the dock. At least then you wouldn't have to carry the cans up and down the stairs. Although it is good exercise.
    8 cans total for combined 45 gallons.
    Going down hill, they are full, you carry 2 cans. Coming back up, empty, you can carry 4. With a bunch of family, we make quick work of it. We have it down to a science and 2 bucks cheaper than marina gas prices. This season no one will be able to afford gas the way it’s going.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Default UPDATE: January 2023

Start of another year so figured I'd update this boat thread as I have come the the conclusion this will be my last 'new' Supra seeing how the world went crazy a few years back with prices on every damn thing shooting to the moon. I am living in another world from the one I grew up in, but at least I was fortunate enough to make it into middle age being financially shrewd before stupidity and absurdity entered the realms of house, boat, car and truck ownership leaving me outside looking in. No way in hell I'd buy another surf boat unless insurance was kind to me in the event something happened to this one but I digress. So, you won't see another new to me Supra thread ever again from me and we will let this be my final curtain call.

Hard for me to believe I have already had this boat in my possession now for a little over 6 years and really hard for me to believe she is officially 11 years old. When I first purchased this boat, I had my doubts as to whether she'd be be mechanically sound and reliable as my Rider was. She has proven me wrong thus far. I am actually in love with this boat now more than ever so hopefully I can keep her running well and on the water for at least another 11 years. I only put 50 hours on it this season due to heavy travel schedule but that is fine with me. She now has 582.8 total hours on the motor (purchased with 40) averaging about 97 hours per season under my stewardship and that would average out to about 53 hours a season by age.

The trailer was showing its age with worn out and very dry carpet. The wood underneath wasn't much better with many lags starting to fall out or be plain loose. Decided to spend a few days bringing back up to snuff. The grey Seadek isn't the prettiest but the trailer gets 14 miles a year and then sits in storage so hard to justify if I want to spend the money to upgrade it. Nevertheless, the bunks had to be redone and while I was at it, I added some nice new Supra trailer guides along with a 3 step buff, polish and wax to make the trailer shine again to match the buff and polish I did this summer on the boat itself.
    I ordered some new side lights as well but not shown in pics as the new world order makes us wait 3 weeks on shipping nowadays.

This is the carpet I used which I like very much since it has the rubber backing. https://www.boatcarpetbuys.com/produ...er-bunk-carpet
    I will also have to do my dock this off season so I ordered a ton in different sizes. I must admit this only took 2 days to ship in since I live in GA and all carpet is made in GA so I have that going for me which is nice. I highly recommend. I have used their carpet for the Comp trailer and also my jetski trailer. Will see how it holds up once I redo my dock lifts with the amount of time they are underwater. I do use a spray adhesive along with stainless steel staples for best installation with hopefully some longevity as well.

Anyway, shown in previous posts, I ordered a FAE in Fall of 2021 but never got around to it installing it last spring so that will need to be done soon...with any luck.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Assorted pics of 242 in use this summer.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242