Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

minus a point for the cheapo rim on the spare

j/k, killer looking rig all around! The 242 is easily the sweetest looking 'modern' design, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    Some gloss black on that wheel should hide it better.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Some gloss black on that wheel should hide it better.
    You know that will get him thinking of the off season projects . . . . .
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    Man I love the way your boat looks.
    Great choice on color for the cover.
    Thank you sir for those kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post

j/k, killer looking rig all around! The 242 is easily the sweetest looking 'modern' design, imo.
    Lol, love the first comment. Made my day.

Trailer came without spare. Had a flat tire pretty soon after purchase. Tire shop could not find a matching rim. So, bought five new tires and one cheap rim and I’m usually not cheap.

Thanks Salty!

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    You know that will get him thinking of the off season projects . . . . .
    I think they are just projects, some bigger than others but that is for an upcoming thread I believe.

Default 2012 Sunsport 242 - UPDATE

Hard to believe but 5 years has passed since I bought my Sunsport 242. Hard to believe she turned 10 years old.
    Still loving every minute I get to use it. Turns out it was the best decision to buy used while prices were down to earth and reasonable. I can't believe the prices I am seeing right now on same year models. The new barge pricing is absurd and ridiculous. Good news for me is, the insurance company still has this boat valued way more than I paid for it.

So, we decided to live up at the lake house over the summer for 3.5 months and I for sure would have thought I would put more hours on it than I usually do vs commuting. I average 110 hours a year just on this boat. I did about a 105 hours this past summer with every weekend booked with friends or family except maybe for 3 of those I did not have to entertain. The boat now sits with over 545 hours and running strong.

Memorial Day weekend started with me losing my temp gauge. The thermostat ended up going bad but was stuck open which allowed me to use for a few days before I could get replacement. If it was stuck closed, my family would have been sorely disappointed for those 3 days without surfing.

This is a 2 piece thermostat and needs 2 gaskets. SkiDim sent me only one gasket and so I returned it as I was really pissed off they charged me $15.00 bucks for shipping on a package that weighed maybe 7 ounces. I mailed it back to them for $4.50 and they refunded my money on the T-Stat but not the shipping so I lost $19.50 on that endeavor. SMH. SkiDim has become very arrogant over the pandemic and lost a lot of respect from me.

I drove down to the local Skiers Choice dealer, which I can't stand much either, but they had it in stock for only $43.00...with both gaskets!
    Wasn't hard to replace but just took my time to clean old gaskets and make sure all went back together smoothly.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Finally ordered from Fresh Air Exhaust to replace my stinking muffler. The muffler sounds like its tumbling rocks and has become pretty annoying. It hasn't caused any problems except we could not figure out for a long time why I was getting Co2 sensor codes off Bank 1 and Bank 2.

I debated replacing the muffler but everyone I talk to with mufflers has had an issue or knows someone that has had an issue with them so I figured I would price out FAE and to my surprise, it was cheaper than just replacing the muffler and better for the family while surfing.

I went with the 1 piece Y type with blended welds and side mount option which will be supported from the swim platform. Decided to do muffler delete as well so straight pipes out to FAE which will give me more room in engine bay. Dealer said the exhaust will sound good but more quiet while surfing. Time will tell. He threw in free shipping and when I got invoice, was even less than he proposed and about $100 less than replacement muffler.

When "Big Sexy" gets out of winter storage, this will be priority for install.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

So what you're saying is that you didn't get shorted on flecks in the garage floor paint?

That's a great deal on the FAE and will be something you appreciate every time you go out on the water.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    So what you're saying is that you didn't get shorted on flecks in the garage floor paint?

That's a great deal on the FAE and will be something you appreciate every time you go out on the water.
    Yeah, "little kid" cannot stop talking about TN and GA and wants to go back. Secretly I think she wants us to get a place or move there but that is another discussion. As for surfing I think everyone will enjoy less CO2 intake when surfing.