Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your hidden compartment. Mine goes back to the transom.

boat compart.jpg

Congratulations on the purchase. Good looking boat. I have the 2011 Launch in same color scheme. This past season was our first year with the boat and the family really enjoyed it. Very roomy and great for taking along friends. Enjoy!
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Congrats on the new boat. I'm sorry I couldn't come out and see it in person. Looks brand new.
    Sorry we missed you that day. Hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for all the advice and setting me up with the right saleswoman.

MJHKnox...Wow, you take the blame well and I didn't know it has secret compartments.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by 4alkings View Post
    Congratulations on the purchase. Good looking boat. I have the 2011 Launch in same color scheme. This past season was our first year with the boat and the family really enjoyed it. Very roomy and great for taking along friends. Enjoy!
    What motor do you have and how are you set up for surfing if applicable?

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Sorry we missed you that day. Hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for all the advice and setting me up with the right saleswoman.

MJHKnox...Wow, you take the blame well and I didn't know it has secret compartments.
    Last owner might have left their stash in there.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    What motor do you have and how are you set up for surfing if applicable?
    I have the 5.7L Indmar. I have 1000lb sacs in the rear and standard ballast upfront. We have struggled a bit with getting the desired push for surfing. Late in the season I added an 800lb bag that we place on the seat surf side. Huge wake, but still not great push. I'm going to try a suck gate this next season. All that said, we love the boat. Plenty of power, plenty of room, and its a head turner on the water. I built a sub enclosure for the stereo and went with (2) 10" kicker 2 ohm subs. Really brought the sound system to life.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

I have the 5.7L Indmar. I have 1000lb sacs in the rear and standard ballast upfront. We have struggled a bit with getting the desired push for surfing. Late in the season I added an 800lb bag that we place on the seat surf side. Huge wake, but still not great push. I'm going to try a suck gate this next season. All that said, we love the boat. Plenty of power, plenty of room, and its a head turner on the water. I built a sub enclosure for the stereo and went with (2) 10" kicker 2 ohm subs. Really brought the sound system to life.
    Do you have the center bag full?
    I assume that would be ?600? more.

Do you run with weight in the bow?

2018 Supra SL400

I was impressed with this motor. It really felt strong and quick so glad to hear the same from you.
    Haven't got to try out the wake yet. We played around with it a lot on the last day we went out filling the bags and messing around with the wake plate some. Have you adjusted your speed to get a better push?
    With the bags being just 600 lbs in rear, I thought it was a good size wave.
    If you look at the picture I have of the bags, hard for me to believe that front bag even fits underneath the floor up front. Dealer said it was a 500 lb bag.
    It really pushed the door on the floor up when was full.
    I've already talked about the suckgate being a priority with the other three guys that have replied to this thread. I'm hoping for good success with that and learning how to dial in this wake once I get a chance.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Do you have the center bag full?
    I assume that would be ?600? more.

Do you run with weight in the bow?

The boat is equipped with a hard tank and bag in the front. Total factory ballast setup was 1700lbs. Rear bags were 400lbs each, so front system should be 900lbs. I've tried running it at 80% full and with 20%. Not much difference. The best thing we did is run with the extra 800lb bag on surf side seat. The best we were able to do was drop rope for about 15-20 seconds. We typically run at about 10.5 mph. Tried faster and slower, but that seems the best. Can't wait for summer so we can work it some more.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

The boat is equipped with a hard tank and bag in the front. Total factory ballast setup was 1700lbs. Rear bags were 400lbs each, so front system should be 900lbs. I've tried running it at 80% full and with 20%. Not much difference. The best thing we did is run with the extra 800lb bag on surf side seat. The best we were able to do was drop rope for about 15-20 seconds. We typically run at about 10.5 mph. Tried faster and slower, but that seems the best. Can't wait for summer so we can work it some more.
    Hard tank up front? Good for you, didn't know the Launch was that much different than Sunsport. Only hard tank I have is the gas tank but that would add another 420 lbs of ballast if I can afford to fill up the 68 gallons of gas it holds.

With what I had setup, the wake looked real good at 10.8 mph but I'm sure that might change slightly with increasing the bags in rear.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242