Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    I would lean away from the composite and seacast type ideas...seems like much more work and cost and could easily be messed up. Starting from scratch with wood and glass ensures you're building on a strong foundation. I used doug fir, coated with CPES and used epoxy resin with DBM 1708 biaxial cloth from US Composites for all my main structural stringer work. I agree with Salty's recommendations on researching foam and drainage. I went foamless and made sure all the areas underneath the deck could drain to the bottom of the bilge with limber holes.
    Okie - did you observe any difference in sound going back with no foam vs with foam?

I am curious about going foamless as well - any drawbacks? I would imagine more vibrations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i went without foam and its really no difference , just install limber holes to allow drainage back into bilge if ever water is in hull .. you can also plum ballast without foam
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

The foam serves no structural purpose - added support/rigidity for the stringers? Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with engine, wind and water sounds at speed you'll never notice any add'l sounds from having no foam....if there are any. at rest you won't hear anything else either.

foam probably does add structural support to rotten stringers and floors but adds none to solid stringers/floors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    Okie - did you observe any difference in sound going back with no foam vs with foam?
    Not really...as Salty said, it usually isn't quiet enough to hear the subtle sound difference.