Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Running me about 6500 but that includes some extra gel coat and trailer work i am having as well. Its a lot of money but this boat was perfect motor and interior wise so i wanted to save it

Default Floor and stringer replacement: Detailed pricing/pics of work done by a pro shop?

Quote Originally Posted by jbousman88 View Post
    Running me about 6500 but that includes some extra gel coat and trailer work i am having as well. Its a lot of money but this boat was perfect motor and interior wise so i wanted to save it
    Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it hurts but I would rather save it then get into another used one with someone's issues. Plus it is way cheaper than a new one

jbousmann88 - It could just be a funny camera angle and I'm not sure what you & the re-builder agreed to but the ply used for the flooring looks to have an absurd amount of knots in it....it's not marine grade.

There are some knots but not as many as it looks in the picture. The plywood was coated in CPES and glassed on under side and top side after being put in so its not going anywhere. Like many have said before there are may ways to skin a cat when it comes to rebuilding these boats and once you see how Supra did it in the factory in 86 then just about anything that goes back in will be better than original.

Quote Originally Posted by jbousman88 View Post
    Like many have said before there are may ways to skin a cat when it comes to rebuilding these boats and once you see how Supra did it in the factory in 86 then just about anything that goes back in will be better than original.
    I tend to agree, before I started in on my rebuild I had a local builder quote on work just like yours...stringers, floors, light gel coat work and the cost was similar to yours but he refused to use anything other than marine ply.

The marine ply just gives you less knots and imperfections. No added water or rot resistance. once it is all glassed in and epoxied it is not going to go anywhere unless you are just letting it sit outside to let trees grow in it.

plus its a lifetime warranty as long as I own the boat all signed paperwork and all so I am not too worried about it

I used Shanne Coffman in Powell Tennessee he owns a shop called boat works 865-556-5516 reasonable prices