Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I could see 1k lbs happening. Along with the wet foam would be saturated stringers and even water trapped in voids between/under foam.

I stand corrected, I can't argue with Wulphie Jetlink's observations, I'm quite surprised. Jetlink, I'm curious if you still know what the "after" weight was? Just curious how that matched up with Supra's published weight for the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by chris young View Post
    I stand corrected, I can't argue with Wulphie Jetlink's observations, I'm quite surprised. Jetlink, I'm curious if you still know what the "after" weight was? Just curious how that matched up with Supra's published weight for the boat.
    Well, I put mine on an extreme an extreme weight loss plan. I removed anything frivolous that was not required to use the boat for skiing. Removed the radio, removed all old wood in the boat except for the divider along the ski locker in the top cap. Removed the metal exhaust pipes and replaced them with fiberglass mufflers (one of which was faulty from the factory) where the two that went in weighed less than one that they replaced and so on. If I recall, I believe my boat is now just slightly lighter than the factory number that Supra published. Put it this way, when I skied behind it last year for the first time since I did all this work, my wife freaked out at first because for the first time in owning this boat, she felt everything I was doing with the rope and the ski. I was causing the boat to surge as I would load up the rope and such if you follow.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Tune it ! Pirata/Saltare with 454 are efficient boats.
    Mine went from 8 gallons/hour to ... 4.75 gallons/hour ! With the factory 13x13 propeller. I will change it next season to see if I get even better milleage.
    With a good carburetor rebuild : pay big attention to the secondary lock arm, tends to bend and let air/fuel passing through even when primary is closed (my issue for 2 years, fixed last season).
    Add a new $50 car HEI ignition (plus a few upgrade to marinize it, follow Michael post : https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ferrerid=14935 ), new plug wires, new sparkplugs. Go to 12° BTDC (instead of 8° in the repair manuel) will save tons of fuel.
    Good luck
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc77 View Post
    Tune it ! Pirata/Saltare with 454 are efficient boats.
    Mine went from 8 gallons/hour to ... 4.75 gallons/hour ! With the factory 13x13 propeller. I will change it next season to see if I get even better milleage.
    With a good carburetor rebuild : pay big attention to the secondary lock arm, tends to bend and let air/fuel passing through even when primary is closed (my issue for 2 years, fixed last season).
    Add a new $50 car HEI ignition (plus a few upgrade to marinize it, follow Michael post : https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ferrerid=14935 ), new plug wires, new sparkplugs. Go to 12° BTDC (instead of 8° in the repair manuel) will save tons of fuel.
    Good luck
    I'm interested in the hei , I bought one like 2 years ago and tried to fit it up but the thermostat housing was in the way , I had MS mill a aluminum spacer and it worked ok , but may try the msd setup on the new build . Any clearance issues on yours ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Hi Lively,
    No celarance issues on a 454, the thermostat housing is on opposite side of the engine.
    Chears
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare