Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default SSR Explained

Quote Originally Posted by onebadgt View Post
    Sounds like a good time and being that I am in north Ga I would only have about a 2-2.5 hour drive. Sorry to sound like a newb but since I have not attended before what is the typical scene? Does everyone tend to hang out on and off the lake? I keep reading after party? Would this be a better guys trip or family friendly? Just would like to be prepared and make the best of it if attending.
    Main house is in Marietta, Lake house is in Blairsville. Both about an hour and half drive to Chattanooga pulling a boat so I would hope it wouldn't take you that long from N. GA

Gogger pretty much explained it. We start to gather on Friday afternoon with a few boats. Hang around, talk and finish with some water sports, then on to dinner. Usually conclude around 10 -11 pm at night. On Saturday morn, we tend to gather around 10 - 11 ish if we aren't looking for new props and start the whole thing all over again. Saturday has a lot of families of all different ages and we raft up for while and eat lunch. The afternoon is busy with everyone doing their own thing but usually in close proximity. We also do congregate on several boats and sacrifice ourselves as ballast to the surf gods. If you're lucky enough to wipeout, then we try to capture that image and put on the internet for the world to see. After an early dinner, we try to go back out and cruise around till sunset or jump the cliffs. Sunday morning is pretty much the encore mirroring the prior days events before the curtain falls in the PM.

The after party is an extended vacation started for the northern entourage. It is an invitation only event as we have limited accommodations on Lake Nottely. This year's after party is booked full already, but we may still have a few slots available for those just coming in to spend the day. Last year's after party was all couples so the atmosphere tends to be somewhat different than the actual reunion.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    On Saturday morn, we tend to gather around 10 - 11 ish if we aren't looking for new props and start the whole thing all over again.
    Clinics, we run "clinics" every year usually on the water or on the trailer after getting off the water. Such clinics have included prop repair/replacement 101, prop shaft coupler repair 101 and 102 and "Pro-tec ignition issues for dummies."

Basically it is the most fun you can have with a really great group of people. My wife and I went to the first one, we came without our boat because we flew down for just one day and then back. Then a few years later we dragged our boat all the way from home. Point being, we have made some great friends that we talk to and look forward to seeing to this day because of that first year.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Default YouTube Videos of SSR

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Then a few years later we dragged our boat all the way from home.
    Oh yes, thanks for the memories.

https://youtu.be/vyxVGR8ljpw

https://youtu.be/s6rhFFPJ9YY

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Back before my rebuild when I still had a tower on my boat. Ok, not this year but when the kids get old enough to travel well by road and can handle being out on the water more I am bringing it down again.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

How far is the TN Gorge from dtown CHA?

Any interest on going down on day 2 (sunday)?

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    How far is the TN Gorge from dtown CHA?

Any interest on going down on day 2 (sunday)?

It's not far from downtown. We'll be hitting it some on Saturday, but we could also do it more on Sunday or go upriver as well. We really haven't ventured too far before, but there's lots to see in both directions.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I just looked on the map and it listed the gorge as 5 miles from dtown. That is close. Runs 25+ miles to Hales Bar Dam Marina.

Harrison Bay to Dtown looks appx 15-20 miles via the lock . Should be some good cruising

Made a facebook event page for the reunion. https://www.facebook.com/events/1829...tab=discussion
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

NEWBIE.....I will be there....am currently restoring/renovating/renewing/reborn an '89 COMP TS6M. Live on Signal Mountain (just above TN river/Chattanooga). Here's a pix of my last rebuild..jet boat1.JPG.a '76 NORDIC Jet.
    Fred Carr [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    Made a facebook event page for the reunion. https://www.facebook.com/events/1829...tab=discussion
    Thanks for doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by fredcarr View Post
    NEWBIE.....I will be there....am currently restoring/renovating/renewing/reborn an '89 COMP TS6M. Live on Signal Mountain (just above TN river/Chattanooga). Here's a pix of my last rebuild..jet boat1.JPG.a '76 NORDIC Jet.
    Fred Carr [email protected]
    Awesome! Can't wait to see it. Thanks for posting pic. Very nice work. I will send you my number as we get closer to reunion so you can contact us.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242