Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Fred I don't know the names of the land marks around here. But we are at islandcove marina and we head out and go a little northeast and there is a bridge under 58. We generally go under it and head into the first cove to the left. Or on down a little and behind the island there. We will be out for a while until mid afternoon when folks start heading out. Call or text me at 614 738 6884 and I will let you know where we are at. Would love to see you there.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Fred,
    I want to apologize for today. I'm sure I sent you an email with my phone number to call. You actually saw my brother in his red Sunsport but he didn't listen to my directions either when I texted him and I believe he sent you in the wrong direction. You may hate us but we were just up the river by Wolfever Creek around the corner from where you put (I believe I saw a red Comp) in on Hwy. 58 bridge. (By the island)
    We had 7-8 boats up there today surfing and wake boarding. My brother gave me your card and told me the story. So sorry this happened. We will be back in the same spot in the morning till about 2:00 to 2:30 pm ish. We haven't been up river towards the power plant in the last two years but it was an honest mistake and so sorry for the confusion.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

The sun has set on Day 2 of the reunion. We met up before noon and rafted up awhile. Unfortunately, InAir had fuel pump issues on the Sunsport and after spending the better part of the day working on it, decided to call it quits and hitch a ride. TitanTn decided to keep his Saltaré dry today and just ride along with his family on the 242 and the kids didn't mind one bit as they got to surf repeatedly along with Mrs. Hunter.
    The afternoon was spent with most all boats doing their own thing. At one point, there were three Supras in the river channel creating quite the wake with all the surfing going on. Fun to watch other boats try to slow their speed down just as they hit the wake as their bow leaps to the sky then abruptly plunges downwards.
    A storm moved in around 4:30 and darkened the skies. We had lighting all around us but only few minutes of raindrops. We got quite lucky as we found out later, the storms were very intense just south of us causing some major damage with downed trees and light flooding.
    Then the skies cleared to blue and we had another beautiful evening on our hands.
    We decided to get off the lake early and head for dinner as a group.
    The conversation and comraderie were excellent along with the steak, lasagne, salmon, ribs, onion rings and of course, the hot croissants.
    Took a few pics today with good camera but only two with my iPhone. Here are those two.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

What a great time. Closing it out day three we're all ready to surf and board again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '92 Comp ts6m - 5.8 PCM Pro Boss Carb
    '02 Launch SS - 5.7 Indmar Assualt TBI

Default Farewell SSR 2017

Day 3 is no longer and another Southern Supra Reunion is in the record books.
    I hope all attendees had a good time and again, thanks to all that came and participated. I will try to do better on the communication with social media next year and make sure those attending have our contact info.

Today was absolutely gorgeous. We didn't have to worry about the weather.
    Wakeboard session began at 8:30am on Gogger's 24SSV with said owner and Zkdk3000 tearing up smooth water. After a brief intermission, we returned with the 242 as Mrs Hunter once again put on a show for the ages. Also convinced Mrs Mischief IV to surf a little and figure out that goofy wave. Put Mrs Hunter back out and she tried goofy for the first time.
    By noon we had all 7 boats rafted up. Time passed quickly as we talked shop for hours and by 3 o'clock realized it we were nearing the end of our time together.
    Unfortunately, as we tried to surf once more, the boat traffic was just too much for Zkdk3000 and girlfriend and their friend. It was a valiant effort but I couldn't find them smooth water.
    On the upside, Mr Carr made it back out today and found us so we got to see his 89 Comp that was in awesome shape.
    So, we packed up and headed out around 4:30 to start the after party.

We had quite the assortment of boats over the 3 days ranging from a 1985 Sunsport, '86 Saltaré, '88 Mariah, '89 Comp, '89 Sunsport, '90 Saltaré, '91 Sunsport, '97 Sunsport, '02 Launch, '04 Launch, '06 24SSV and a 2012 Sunsport 242. If I forgot someone, I apologize in advance.
    It's wonderful to meet such great people on the forum who share the same passion with boats. I didn't take a ton of photos as in years past but will post the good ones when I can. Thanks again, hope to see you more of you next year.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Default After Party - Day 1

After Party started Sunday eve after brief travel down into GA.
    Had a midnight pontoon party ride with the full moon.
    Day one was spent trying to barefoot behind the jetski, fixing a bilge pump, and tons of surfing. We finished with a wonderful dinner thanks to all the gals.
    More pics to come.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Well done, looks like ya'll had a great time. Looking forward to the Texas Jam coming in a few weeks!
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V