Default My Shower Install

Pump.jpgFinished.jpgSanta brought parts for Christmas to replace the shower the PO ripped out, I guess because we live in Texas. We may not ice over but the water does get cold and on New Years Day went riding and the warm shower was one of the best experiences I can remember ever. The PO left the hot hose, cold tee and valve holes in the locker panel so the install was pretty easy, parts cost was around $140.
    03 Launch 22V
    3) 800lb sacks, Perfect Pass
    Fusion head, JL amps, Wet Sounds Interior/Tower Speakers, 10" Sub
    "Anyone have a stainless steel magnet?"

Wow that that looks super clean, nice job! Is hot water line just coming off the engine?

Yep, right out of the block, the PO left the barb fitting with a length of capped hose. I sure am glad, I didn't have to stand on my head with someone holding my ankles to get at it! I guess it's a pretty typical install except I opted to use sink supply lines so I wouldn't have barbs and hose clamps.

Haha yeah I'm sure those first of couple steps are pretty rough. Does that mean the engine has to be on then? And is the cold water just t'd off one of the ballast lines?

Nice job! That looks good

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes the engine has to be running, the cold is tapped into the engine cooling water before it enters the block.

Looks nice! I'm thinking of installing a shower, but haven't seen any kits under $300. What did you to purchase for just $140 to complete your setup? Is the hot water tap on the block just one of the drain plugs at the bottom?
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

Chrome transom shower replacement spray handle $26, 10' transom shower replacement hose $18, Surface Mount Hot & Cold Shower Valve $32, SHURflo 4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution Water Pump $64, all from Amazon.
    Also a few odds and ends from the hardware store. Yes the hot comes from the block drain plug and my boat had some leftovers from the previous installation so you you'll have to add for that. Include Transom Shower in parts searches.
    03 Launch 22V
    3) 800lb sacks, Perfect Pass
    Fusion head, JL amps, Wet Sounds Interior/Tower Speakers, 10" Sub
    "Anyone have a stainless steel magnet?"