Default New Prop for 2001 Launch SSV

Hi,

I am currently running some old 14 x 18.5 stainless 4-blade prop on my Launch SSV.

Since I am running 1180 GG sac up front and 750's in back the boat is quite slow to get out of the hole.
    We are seldom a big crew, but I am adding an extra auxiliary sac of 400 lb and that would get me too bad times.

I mostly use the boat for wakeboarding but do some normal cruising as well. No surfing (at least not yet)...

I am currently thinking about ACME 1433 and ACME 1939.
    I was kind of set on the ACME 1433 after reading the forums and wakemakers prop guide, but then I saw my current prop was 18.5 inch pitch.
    18.5 > 14.25 is quite a radical change.
    So maybe the 15.5 pitched 1939 would be a better option?

I am mainly concerned with getting better hole-shot and overall performance for wakeboarding, but it does not need to be ridiculously quick out of the hole either.
    Better fuel economy would be a great benefit as I live in Sweden and we pay about twice the gas price compared to the US...
    I seldom drive any longer stretches, from the slip to the wakeboard spot it is usually a challenge to get the wakeboard gear on and into the boots before we reach it even at idle.
    Top speed is not important, however overall performance, fuel economy and drive-ability is.

Any input?

Thanks,
    Mike

This is by far the best thread to read for this question.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ll-Your-Engine!

I am going to be doing this procedure in the spring as I am still running the 14x18 OJ with about the same amount of weight as you are.

10 Perimeter Summit Blvd Atlanta, GA 30319

I am going to be doing this procedure in the spring as I am still running the 14x18 OJ with about the same amount of weight as you are.

I have a 2009 Launch 21V with the 340HP motor. I am running 900 lbs each locker and 800 in center. Fully loaded the boat would not come on plane very well or hold it with the original prop. Last summer I replaced it with the following OJ #945; 15X13 LC 1 1/8" 4 blade wakepro V3. the boat comes out of the water fast, fully loaded it will plane and hold plane. I lost about 3 MPH on the top end maybe a little more. The guy at OJ was great to deal with, very knowledgeable and helpful. To be fair I also have Surftabs on the boat. With those deployed it jumps on plane. Without deployed it still planes just takes a little longer. I usually don't run fully loaded for very long. Seems to have also improved fuel economy when surfing. We don't wakeboard much. Hope it helps.