Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Shows 2017

Default Atlanta Boat Show

I like the Malibus. Don't know why. They look nicely appointed and the dash is super cool. Their Surf gate looks great blended into the side of the transoms.

I also liked one Tige boats that was there. It was monochromatic and looked pretty cool. Forgot to take a pic of it.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

More absurd for the fun of it.

If you have a cool $140k laying around but want to look cool, buy a Chris Craft. Real Teak. Real Design

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Last post...New Sea Ray Inboard (another thread but will leave pics here)

Very deep V shape.

Bow Thruster

Swell Surf built into bottom of hull. Nice design.

Another thruster mounted on transom.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Sea Ray continued...

Through hull exhaust. It is tear shaped vs more rounded for less drag but my pic doesn't show that.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks for the pics. Very cool stuff coming out. I do like the Chris crafts classy looking boats.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

We saw the Chicago show on Friday. Saw the Malibu, Mastercraft, Nautique and Skier's Choice boats in addition to the absurd pontoon boat and yachts as well. Of course with my in-laws there as well we stopped by the Cobalt area, think we are going to get the Cobalt tower retrofitted with the power option which the Cobalt was already made ready for as they were wanting to offer this years ago however they were working out reliability issues as the mechanism was not lasting long enough for them which I applaud them for. Anyway, we walked out of there mainly looking at boats and spent more time getting "toys" and shoreline improvement stuff for the lake. Got a set of HO Hot Shot skis in the event my little guy expresses a desire in skiing this year or next as well. Funny story, we had him fitted for a new PFD while we were there and he wanted nothing to do with trying one on. We told him he couldn't go on the boat without one which is a standing rule we have at the lake as he is not permitted anywhere near the shore, dock or boats without it on already. Anyway, he wouldn't take it off after that as he had it in his head that he couldn't go on any of the boats at the show without it. So, my little guy was running around the show on multi-million dollar yachts even with this jacket on, zipped and buckled.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I probably won't make it to a show this year but my favorite boats in this thread (and from visiting dealers last year) are the Malibus and the Moombas.

There are several people over on theMalibuCrew website, though, that are switching to the Centurion 237 and 257 this year. The surf wave is supposed to be unbelievable on those boats and the interior is finally up to par with the other mfgs.

Thanks for the pics!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    We saw the Chicago show on Friday. Saw the Malibu, Mastercraft, Nautique and Skier's Choice boats in addition to the absurd pontoon boat and yachts as well. Of course with my in-laws there as well we stopped by the Cobalt area, think we are going to get the Cobalt tower retrofitted with the power option which the Cobalt was already made ready for as they were wanting to offer this years ago however they were working out reliability issues as the mechanism was not lasting long enough for them which I applaud them for. Anyway, we walked out of there mainly looking at boats and spent more time getting "toys" and shoreline improvement stuff for the lake. Got a set of HO Hot Shot skis in the event my little guy expresses a desire in skiing this year or next as well. Funny story, we had him fitted for a new PFD while we were there and he wanted nothing to do with trying one on. We told him he couldn't go on the boat without one which is a standing rule we have at the lake as he is not permitted anywhere near the shore, dock or boats without it on already. Anyway, he wouldn't take it off after that as he had it in his head that he couldn't go on any of the boats at the show without it. So, my little guy was running around the show on multi-million dollar yachts even with this jacket on, zipped and buckled.
    Cool story on the kid! Priceless.

Saw several pontoon companies offering automated poles to raise and lower the bimini...because taking two minutes to lower by hand is too complicated I reckon.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    I probably won't make it to a show this year but my favorite boats in this thread (and from visiting dealers last year) are the Malibus and the Moombas.

There are several people over on theMalibuCrew website, though, that are switching to the Centurion 237 and 257 this year. The surf wave is supposed to be unbelievable on those boats and the interior is finally up to par with the other mfgs.

Thanks for the pics!
    I agree with the other manufactures catching up. Was real impressed with some of the details I saw and the Centurion did look good. The Moomba interiors are spartan compared to the Supras sitting next door and were not comfortable at all. Some of the less expensive pontoons had more comfortable interiors than the Moomba.

But for the money you pay for a New Moomba...save a lot over the other guys.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

That much HP on a pontoon- ouch. How does it hold enough gas to feed those beasts.

The offshore guys found out last year when 2-3 skaters flipped.

https://youtu.be/c5l7Su_kNas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400