Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boat Shows 2017

I'm a fan of teak, but that swim platform on that MC looks so out of place. Horrible.

On the flip side, go Chris Craft. That is good looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Just you when think 3-4 OBs are enough . . . . .

nortech16.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Saw several pontoon companies offering automated poles to raise and lower the bimini...because taking two minutes to lower by hand is too complicated I reckon.
    The convenience of having a power lift on the tower is not so much the fact that you no longer have to deal with the complication of doing it by hand, in fact the power option adds an additional step or two. The benefits are that one person can handle the tower and the boat going into and out of a covered lift or you can lower it only so much as is needed to clear a low bridge like we have to with the Cobalt where we boat. There are two low bridges that getting under allow us access to some really clean lakes with sandy bottoms without big boat traffic due to those low bridges. For us right now it is pretty much an "all or nothing" approach unless you have a person or two willing and able to hold it in an intermediate position. Those are the benefits for us in this particular application, not laziness driving it though I am sure that most people get it either because they are lazy or the salesman sells them on the idea when they will never need it.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    The convenience of having a power lift on the tower is not so much the fact that you no longer have to deal with the complication of doing it by hand, in fact the power option adds an additional step or two. The benefits are that one person can handle the tower and the boat going into and out of a covered lift or you can lower it only so much as is needed to clear a low bridge like we have to with the Cobalt where we boat. There are two low bridges that getting under allow us access to some really clean lakes with sandy bottoms without big boat traffic due to those low bridges. For us right now it is pretty much an "all or nothing" approach unless you have a person or two willing and able to hold it in an intermediate position. Those are the benefits for us in this particular application, not laziness driving it though I am sure that most people get it either because they are lazy or the salesman sells them on the idea when they will never need it.
    I was referring to the automated Bimini concept, not so much your tower when I said my previous comments. I have a Bimini on the pontoon, literally less than a minute or so to drop it.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Wholly smokes Dan! Thanks for saving me time and money! Great picks as always. $610 bucks a month for 20 years with a five year warranty? Gives me an idea when I turn 70

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    That much HP on a pontoon- ouch. How does it hold enough gas to feed those beasts.

The offshore guys found out last year when 2-3 skaters flipped.

https://youtu.be/c5l7Su_kNas

WHOAAAAAA! Was everyone ejected here alright?!?!

edit: Nope. I did some research..... Don't watch that video. It doesn't end well for either of the 2 involved.
    Last edited by wotan2525; 01-19-2017 at 06:01 PM.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.