Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ordering 2017 SR

We are getting ready to order a new 2017 SR. This is the first boat that we have had the chance to custom build and also the first Supra we have owned. What are some of the must haves or some of the items that you would make sure you get when ordering the SR? I know that it really comes down to personal preference but it would be nice to hear everyone's thoughts on the options.

Wow congrats that's got to be an awesome experience! What boat(s) are you coming from? And what colors are you thinking of?

Thanks for getting me to pretend and go through the custom builder on the SR, it's been too long since the last time I did it... ha. As far as options, my must haves would be: sea decking (over any carpet option!) , Swell surf system, Docking lights, rear flip seat, dual battery charger, and maybe Steering wheel controls (still haven't driven a boat with them to justify it yet).

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinOj View Post
    Wow congrats that's got to be an awesome experience! What boat(s) are you coming from? And what colors are you thinking of?

Thanks for getting me to pretend and go through the custom builder on the SR, it's been too long since the last time I did it... ha. As far as options, my must haves would be: sea decking (over any carpet option!) , Swell surf system, Docking lights, rear flip seat, dual battery charger, and maybe Steering wheel controls (still haven't driven a boat with them to justify it yet).
    I would second those items.

Might want to look into racks - upper and lower. The upgraded ones are nice.

Stereo - Transom remote. If you are into stereo stuff, you can get better/custom stuff after the fact. Someone on hear ordering was ordering a boat w/o the gear.

Trailer - not sure if you are into a trailer or if it will be sitting on a lift, but a good matching trailer looks good. There are some good pics here and on the Moomba forum on wheels.

Are you getting the boat-show incentives?

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ecials-are-out!

Yes we put a down payment to get the boat show incentives. As far as options go our list looks like chillins list. I don't think I will do much over the stock stereo I have 4 Rev 10's that will be going on the tower. I was looking at the extra board racks but still up in the air on them. I also had the Driver's Convenience Package, Transom Camera/Phone Holder and the heater on the build sheet. I am coming from a 13 MB Tomcat. Here are the 3 colors option we have narrowed it down to.

Do you need a certain post count to post pictures?

My build sheet is pretty much just like chillins but I also have the heater and the drivers convenience package and phone holder. I am still up in the air on the second board racks. We did put a de[posit to get the incentives and a build slot. I currently have a 2013 MB 21 Tomcat.

Good catch MJHKnox, having extra places to put boards is so convenient when you need it, that I would do the upper racks or Z5 bimini (or both! crazy not too... ha). Maybe you have a solid crew that is reasonable in size, so you might not ever need it? But with surfing taking over, I would think the Z5 is must that I did miss. Then stereo and trailer is just personal preference, I tow a lot so having an upgraded trailer seems worth it to me.

But yeah I think they limit you on pictures for a bit till you get just "member" status and prove you aren't here to spam us...

Why the switch from MB? Just a good deal you can't pass up?

Quote Originally Posted by wake26 View Post
    Do you need a certain post count to post pictures?
    Yeah, long story... Congrats on the purchase and only 5-6 more posts and you should have these restrictions lifted permanently. Welcome to the group.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Thank you Jetlink. We really like the Tomcat it throws a great wakeboard wake and a good surf wake but it has no surf system on it and the wife doesn't really like driving the boat when it is listed for surfing.

Congrats. Saw an SR at the boat show last week that I liked.
    Blue one looks best but I would order mine without that metal flake. Looks like a Bass boat on steroids and if you ever have to repair it, good luck.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242