Default 1991 Supra ts6m possible composite stringers??

Im looking to purchase my first boat and I love old Supras. I really wanna find something that doesnt have wood stringers as it seems to be such a big problem. I have found a 1991 ts6m that looks to be in good shape. The guy says there is no wood, but it has the square windshield, from what I have found that means wood stringers. Were the 1991s that had composite? Any way to tell for sure? Thanks for any insight. I am new to these forums. Thanks

I have a 92 round windshield all composite . Check the seats to see if they are plastic on the underside. Maybe you can remove a motor mount bolt and see or look around the access for the bilge pump.

I'm going to say NO, from all my knowledge on this....... ask him if you can take a torque wrench to the engine mount to stringer bolts and check out the torque on them......why does he think they are composite when everything states wood? I think early 92 may have been wood.....93 I think most manufacturers other than Sanger went composite......Supra , look for the curved windshield.... i wouldn't even bother unless the boat has been boat house stored , the motor mounts all tight , floor solid, and then its still not worth a lot imo
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

thanks for the input. I was thinking the same thing. One other strange one, I found a 1993 Supra that has a square windshield.. Im thinking the year has to be posted wrong. Its tough finding one with a curved windshield!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
    thanks for the input. I was thinking the same thing. One other strange one, I found a 1993 Supra that has a square windshield.. Im thinking the year has to be posted wrong. Its tough finding one with a curved windshield!
    Check serial number at back of boat top right of hull just under rub rail.
    The last two digits are the year of boat.