Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

looking good!
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Alright, well i guess an update is overdue...

I reinforced underneath the cap where i intend to bolt in the tower. I cut to fit a piece of wood, then epoxied & clamped it into position. Then I came back and smoothed the edges with fillets and glassed it in with 2 layers of 1702.

Here's a shot of the underside of the cap, with just the wood expoxied in, before fillets & glassing.

I didn't have the right clamping setup, so I had to improvise.

Repaired / rebuilt the seat bases..

Basically all of them were completely shot except for 2 where I was able to patch in just the corners that were rotted out. Here's an example of one where the corner was patched

Built a new sun deck...i really need to consider getting more clamps.

Here is the finished sun deck and a sneak peak at the color scheme for the upholstery.

Got the upholstery done for the bow playpen area. I think it turned out pretty decent for it being the very first time I've done any upholstery work.

It will look even better once the cap is good and cleaned.

Slowly I'm starting to have more boat parts in the boat, than in the basement
    Last edited by Cooose; 03-15-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Couple of more seat bottoms complete

1st stab at the carpet around the seat base, hopefully the next ones will turn out better.

Luckily you can't see too much of the crappy carpet job when it's all dressed out.

Also knocked out the captain's chair...this was a total beast!!

I still have to go back with a hidem strip, and mount the seats in the boat but otherwise done!

Wow Coose - it's been a while. Thanks for the update and it's good to see that you're still making progress. I would assume that your goal is to be on the water this summer. How's the engine coming?

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    Wow Coose - it's been a while. Thanks for the update and it's good to see that you're still making progress. I would assume that your goal is to be on the water this summer. How's the engine coming?
    Hey TitanTn, Yes I'm targetting this summer for sure, hopefully sometime in the next month or so.

The engine is coming along, I should have a couple pics to share in the next day or two.

This was a great read being that I'm looking at buying an 86 Saltare with soft spots in the floor. Keep it coming cause I plan on following this till splash down

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Awesome work man, it's coming together nicely!