Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

A little more progress now that it's started warming up here and there.

installed drainage at key locations with PVC epoxied through the stringers

I've got just a lttle prep work left and then I'll be ready to paint the bilge and glass in the deck. Won't be long now. (hopefully)

Looks great. I always enjoy seeing these pics of fresh, clean looking stringers and floors. So solid and long lasting now. Great job.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

looks great. what type of wood are you using for the floor, and what are you doing to the floor to make sure it doesn't rot out in 10 years?
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by jtryon View Post
    looks great. what type of wood are you using for the floor, and what are you doing to the floor to make sure it doesn't rot out in 10 years?
    I'm using 3/4" marine ply, which is coated in Epoxy and glassed on both sides. On the top of the floor I plan to Epoxy & glass wood blocking and cleats to the deck surface and anything that needs to be secured to the deck will be screwed into the "sacrificial" blocking/cleats.

I've also significantly improved drainage between the stringers such that water that may find it's way in can also find it's way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    I'm using 3/4" marine ply, which is coated in Epoxy and glassed on both sides. On the top of the floor I plan to Epoxy & glass wood blocking and cleats to the deck surface and anything that needs to be secured to the deck will be screwed into the "sacrificial" blocking/cleats.

I've also significantly improved drainage between the stringers such that water that may find it's way in can also find it's way out.
    awesome, that should do the trick!
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Got the bow tabbed in and hole popped for the rudder

Also fully disassembled, cleaned, and greased the controls

Cleaned parts going back in.

..I forgot to grab a pick of the inside of the gearbox assembly. When reinstalling you have to keep a spring loaded with a ball bearing pressed against the throttle shaft, so one hand was doing that and the other was covered in grease.

There is also this little spring with a smaller ball bearing which is on the trans lock out side

All Done

Other than shooting one of the ball bearings across the basement and the ensuing search mission to find it, the job was very simple and straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post

Perfect timing! I tried putting my control assembly back in without having the original pictures that I took of it, but didn’t the the patients to figure it out. Does this pic show the correct positioning in the neutral position?

Also.... sad news.... I believe my reverse isn’t working...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Milliken37 View Post
    Perfect timing! I tried putting my control assembly back in without having the original pictures that I took of it, but didn’t the the patients to figure it out. Does this pic show the correct positioning in the neutral position?

Also.... sad news.... I believe my reverse isn’t working...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, this is in neutral. Ask google to find you a video with the title "Morse MV Style Throttle Control Service"...the video does a great job detailing the controller, though they do not open up the gearbox.

Whats up with your reverse...are you thinking it's on the trans side or controls side?