Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2008 Supra 24... looks like great deal

So,
    My buddy has an 09 22SSV, and I love it... thats what has me really leaning buying a Supra...
    This 24 looks awesome... really didn't want to go bigger but I think my lift would handle it....
    whats the difference between this and the 09? Ballast pumps? That big of a deal???

http://www.umotorsinc.com/2008-supra...961&in-stock=1

Thanks for any feedback.

I wouldn't know of the differences you ask about but I just recently bought a 24 footer for the extra space it can provide over the 22 footer. Been in both...debated both...and still ended up in the 24 footer ultimately. The 22 ft. is a great boat no doubt but came down to a little more comfort for passengers with gear. Will see if I made the right call soon enough.

I learned to surf behind Gogger's '06 24SSV (without surf gate) and really like the wake he has setup so I might be biased in regards to my opinion on the 24s. That color is gorgeous and the price is spot on. I looked at several '08 models and newer before buying the '12 242. Go with your gut but stuff like pumps can be swapped out easily. Can't add on 2 ft.
    Last edited by Mischief IV; 02-14-2017 at 05:57 PM.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Here's a list of new "standard" features for 2009:

· Faster filling and emptying ballast pumps
    · Titan™ Swivel board racks
    · Streamlined dash and glove box pod for better visibility
    · Electric wakeplate
    · Ignition switch and key with battery saver
    · Flip-up bracket on double up seat (Launch 21V, 22SSV and 24SSV foot models only)
    · Flush mount pull on ski locker lid
    · Improved battery and stereo wiring
    · Improved swim platform handrail

I love my 24. My only caution would be this: if you ever thought you'd want to spend the coin to add surf tabs the 24' transom is very different than the 22'. I've examined the install of the Wakemaker's and Wakeland tabs and I don't see that it's possible on the 24. I did however build a transom port mounted HDPE surf gate that works very well in combination with 1100lb port side bag.
    Ken
    2017 NXT22
    2009 24SSV

With the older sprinkler valve systems, it's possible to upgrade the system. WakeWakers sells the whole upgrade system. Great upgrade for any 22' or 24'. You will need to drill a few holes and run new wires to the switches. Mount the pumps in a good location. Everything is included in the upgrade.

With either boat, you will want to upgrade to the 1100s ballast bags in the back lockers. Easy to swap out on any 22' or 24'. Easy to buy online.

Either boat responds very well the the surf gates/suck gates for longer waves. Again, easy addition to any 22' or 24'. You can make one for under $50 or buy one made for around $200.

Thanks for the feedback, any comments on this specific boat? Anything that stands out good or bad.. The tower is different than my friends, the seating arraignment looks the same, which is a lot of room. Anyone have a link to the upgraded pump kits?
    Thanks again.

The boat looks clean and from the pics I see nothing to point out. The tower and board racks are OEM.

www.wakemakers.com has the Jabsco pump kit, bags, and divider reinforcement kit.
    Ken
    2017 NXT22
    2009 24SSV

Per the rack, what's the difference you see? This looks to have the Z5 cargo rack and power coat paint.
    I think that was often put on GGames 24' edition boats. I do not see them on the 22's as much.
    Not sure what year that was introduced.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/moomba-...w-cover-110242

You may also want to call/emaill Wakemakers for any specific questions. I talked the Spencer b/c I was putting a wye valve on my center/front sacks from one pump. Then I then bought all my upgrades for a 2007 22' SSV online: ballast bags, pump kit upgrade, plus a few other misc items for ballast vents.

There is a discount code (www.wakemakers.com ) when you are ready to buy. Not sure if someone on this site has it, you can get it via the Moomba forum with a PM message. I'm not sure mine works anymore.

Last question, ever own a black boat or car?
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 02-18-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Last question, ever own a black boat or car?
    Yes... and it looks good when its clean... LOL,
    Something to consider for sure,
    Thanks for the feedback guys,

Yep. Owned black cars and a black boat. My next hot rod or muscle car will be black.

My last black truck suffered b/c it was black and did not have a garage space. Felt like I was always cleaning. The black daily driver car had the garage and kept the shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

That color combo will always look fashionable and nine years has proven that.
    In another nine years, you'll still be satisfied as black doesn't go out of style.
    It's a wait and see on the lime greens and purple monsters they're building today if they stand the test of time.
    I use Collinite 925 Marine wax and wipe down after each use. Great product! I use the cleaner beforehand.
    If you are lazy, probably will want to skip it and buy white.
    I own three black vehicles, black Jetski and now a black boat so cleaning them is a separate hobby altogether.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242