Default Barefooting behind a snowmobile

www.unionleader.com/Weirs-Channel-skimmers-draw-attention-of-law-enforcement

These guys took several precautions. However, this is nuts, right? They took one pass with waterskis to check things out, then took a second pass barefoot. I have many questions, but it seems that Fish & Game has a few questions as well. There are videos posted on Facebook, etc. but the people are not identifiable from the videos. They didn't hurt anyone, so hopefully this will soon be forgotten.

Here's a link to the embedded youtube video, in case the above link doesn't work. Skip to 0:17. https://youtu.be/QktIxkO5wsg
    Last edited by SquamInboards; 02-27-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Too funny. That takes some big ones even though it's a channel. I would like to see the start off.

There's a longer video that was even shown on the evening news last night. The story was weird, because the headline is "Searching for Skimmers" as though they're really doing an exhaustive investigation. I mean, they showed a video on the news "Courtesy of" one of the guys involved who said he wouldn't name the guys doing the skiing/skimming. But couldn't F&G just subpoena that kid if they really wanted the names?? Or, they could do some digging on facebook and connect the dots. These guys didn't exactly hide their stunt, quite the opposite.

To answer your question, they took a first pass on skis the whole way. It's a little bumpy on and off the ice, but overall fine if you can handle a little chop on waterskis. The barefoot run, he started on ice on skis, then dropped the skis, and finally let go before getting back to solid ice, and swam to shore - he was either in a serious wetsuit or drysuit even.

The guy who provided the video also gave the news people more details on the safety precautions they took, maybe just to say "hey we weren't being quite as dumb as it looks."

Update: I guess they've been "caught" or else turned themselves in and paid their fines. Someone created a GoFundMe page to help them pay - just out of principle, not because they couldn't afford it. Kinda funny. Anyway, it got picked up by the news in Mass and Maine, too apparently. Quite the sensation. I guess since they've been identified, I can say that I actually know them, I was just leaving that out so they might remain anonymous. Small chance of that, but I didn't want to be that guy.
    Last edited by SquamInboards; 02-28-2017 at 03:35 PM.

I emailed my buddies back in PA that ride sleds. They got a kick out of the story.
    The GoFundMe page is a nice addition.

Here's an update where they even interviewed the skier - the cuts don't portray him very well, he's a really nice kid. Anyway.... http://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/...415035253.html

Best quote from a witness: "You can't put a price on legendary!"

Go Patrick Go.