Default Getting back into boating and skiing.

Kids are growing up fast and it's time to get back into boating and skiing. I owned a 2001 Supra Comp before kids and loved the way it performed at anything we tossed at it. The wife wants a V-drive for the family, but we are more water skiers than anything else. We started surfing on my brothers Tige' so I'm sure the whole family will want to try that on our boat too.

So, what Supra/Moomba to buy?

I'm looking at a 2008 21V, but am nervous about the wake. I haven't arranged a test drive to see the wake in person yet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

What is your budget range?

Most DDrive people want to move the VDrive unless you ski a lot. Not that many skiers out there anymore. Kids want to typically wake, surf, or tube.

Most VDrive people like the 'open' cockpit. No humps.

The 22'' and 24' feel like they have a lot more room when you are onboard.
    Plus if you are into surfing, they have a better surf wave.

M-

Most of the Launch hulls are designed to put out a nice wake. Maybe the sunsport hulls are more geared toward skiing? I know my 2007 21V puts out a rather large wake, without any added ballast.
    Rodney

2007 21V - Trailer bunks-*Done

There are some threads on this . . . .

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...port-vs-Launch

If budget is a factor, you definitely should be able to find a good ski/wake direct drive at a good price as most people are looking for V-drive these days. I have Launch DD and with stock ballast (and 4-5 people in the boat) you can do most wakeboarding tricks, unless you are looking to go pro. The ski wake is okay, but the deep v hull does create a bigger wake. I tried to surf behind it once for kicks and without a lot of ballast, it was tough to let go of the rope - not an issue for us because we mainly ski and wakeboard. I suggest getting out behind as many boats as you can to see what works for you in your price range. My only recommendation is if you are looking for a family boat make sure to get an open bow with plenty of room, we out grew our ski nautique really quickly as the boys got bigger and they wanted to bring more friends.

I'd like to spend under 35k.

Thank you for the link and advice.

You can get a nice boat and trailer for that - DDrive or VDrive.