Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's In Your Lake?

Anybody lost anything good in the lake? After reading about suck gates lost in the lake I started thinking about things I've lost in Lake Livingston. The things I can remember are two Casio watches that I bet are still keeping time, a wedding band, a prop or two, my favorite Oakleys and almost lost my tunnel hull when I dipped the bow and had six inches of water come over the dash.
    03 Launch 22V
    3) 800lb sacks, Perfect Pass
    Fusion head, JL amps, Wet Sounds Interior/Tower Speakers, 10" Sub
    "Anyone have a stainless steel magnet?"

Yep. Wedding band. Wife wasn't overly upset as we were doing something we both love........watersking. It did help the situation the fact that she was present when it happened.

Expensive sunglasses off my head b/c I was jumping off my buddy's houseboat a little too intoxicated.

In my younger years - a bad girlfriend - but your post starts out "Anybody lost anything good in the lake?"

Yep, the wife being present was a good thing. Even better was that she insisted I take it off to ski and after a minute or two pulling and twisting it finally came off, took one bounce on the side of the boat and plunk!

Iphone and sunglasses for me!

A pair of Oakleys for me, however love my Natives even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet I have lost a year's salary worth of things in the lakes of Texas.

Looking back, the scariest was my cell phone...because I came so close to trying to dive for it. Later I got a depth finder and learned the lake was 70 feet deep where I lost it and full of tree stumps. I would never have found the phone, and likely would have gotten tangled up on branches and fishing lines.

GoPro off slalom ski. Hard cut, sliced the wake, and too much bounce for the camera mounting. I have retrieved a hat and shirt. There is usually a moment on the surface before they sink if you are quick to dive in.

We lost a nice ski rope, skiing at night one time. After that we got one that glows in the dark.

There's a outboard in the middle of my cove, I saw it fall off a guy's little aluminum boat one day and they never found it, despite having divers out for several hours the next day.

Oh and the prop off my old whaler. Someone forgot a cotter pin.

I recovered an entire lower unit from a friend's boat, too. He hit a shallow, sharp rock a full speed with a 40hp Evinrude outboard. He sheared off the lower unit so cleanly, the prop was UNTOUCHED and they were able to use it on the new lower unit. The cowling came off the engine and hit the driver in the back of the head, though. That engine still runs great, by the way!