Default Help w/gelcoat stains from gas

I was in a postion this summer where I had to store my boat outside for a while and didn't get to use it. Well, at some point it looks like the fuel warmed up and expanded enough that it ran back out of the filler cap. From there it ran along the rub rail and around the back of the boat while dripping down the side of the hull in various places.

The problem I have is that I didn't notice it at first and the sun caused it to stain the rub rail, stickers on the back, and hull in numerous places. I've accepted the fact that I'll have to replace the stickers and several sections of the rub rail. No big deal, I can do that myself. The part I need help with is the hull stains. It's a white boat and the stains are a dirty yellow color. I tried some de-oxider polish and a clay bar since I had them on hand at the time. It didn't help. Anyone have any ideas about anything that will work or do I need to take it to a professional?

You can try using Ducky. It is a water spot remover, but i also used it to remove gas stains from my old boat. I had success with that and A LOT of scrubbing with a soft brush. Good Luck.

Just use a real fine (1500 ish) grit rubbing compound; Walmat automotive around five dollars. I use this to remove everything from oxidation to scuff marks in the gelcoat. Its fine enough to not scratch or require heavy re-waxing like some of the restore projects i have seen. Good luck!