Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 82 supra build

Default 82 supra build

Hey guys what's up. Im new here.I have a 82 supra I picked up on a trade im looking to do a extensive custom job to.I pulled the 351w to rebuild due to a blown head gasket to find to cylinder walls pitted it has been bored to 60over my question is i plan to put in a 427 stroker what gear ratio should I have in the trans and what type of prop should I have ? Keep in mind im not really into wskeboarding or skiing just want some speed and turn heads

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

you have a 1:1 trans and a 13x13 prop, if it's the stock prop. you'll turn heads with that logo on the side but i'm not sure if it's the attention you're looking for i'd take that off and leave it blank, probably look better that way.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

I was in the for 4 yrs so Im. putting a wrap on it the navy's blue digital camo with blue and interior and im building a dodge 4x4 to match.im also putting blower on it i want to make sure I have the right prop and gear ratio for the performance im looking to get out of it

You came to the right place for restoring a Supra.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    You came to the right place for restoring a Supra.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    I hope so cause im ready to get it going but I want to make sure I have the right trans and prop setup for Hp and speed im looking to get out of it

These boats weren't designed to be speed demons. That said, most of us are running Acme props though not for top end. You could give them a call and see what they recommend. The stock Borg Warner transmission is already beefy but possibly not for really high rev applications. What sort of rpm range do you think you'll be running from the 427? Acme may be helpful there, too, since the prop will have impact on that.

Swapping the Supra for something more suitable wouldn't be a bad idea.

No more than 6000 6500rpm but it not something im gonna be doing all the time.I understand they weren't made to be speed demons im looking to make my supra as unique as possible with the looks overall apperance hull mods and engine performengine.my goal is to hit 90mph top end one time after that its a one of kind looking and running supra that turns heads curising across the lake

Wet blanket time...count me out of a 90 mph run (not that you asked, lol). Super dangerous and doubt you'd get there with this hull/driveline combo. Since the shaft and propeller angle are fixed you'll be fighting a really uphill battle. Add to that the hull just wan't designed to do this and it's not a good start.

90 mph . . . . Hmmm. Maybe this guy will lend you a few.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    90 mph . . . . Hmmm. Maybe this guy will lend you a few.

Seen those on a 25ft pontoon boat 100+ mph think the vid is on Youtube