Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 82 supra build

Go diesel! Both my Supra boats have been over ninety with Cummins power. Towed behind my dodge 3500 dually it was easy to get going over 90 going down hill in the Tennessee mountains.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but yeah, these boats are just not set up for high speed.

A close friend had an American Skier hull that he put probably 5 different engines in over the course of a few years, and basically every one of them had the same result. The boat would be a little louder, a teeny bit faster, and would porpoise more easily with every addition of power.

Sure, you can build a nice powerful engine and prop the boat so it will go 50, or 55. Maybe a little more. But you're just not working with the kind of platform that's meant for going fast.

My boat went 40 mph at WOT (4400rpm) with 1/4 tank, flat water, and only a driver, with its original 240hp carb 351. With a 310hp EFI 351 and the right prop, it will do 41mph @ 4800rpm. That's 70hp for ONE mph - despite 400 more rpm, too.

All I'm saying is, make the boat how you want, just temper your expectations of what kinds of speeds are really possible with a prop shaft point 14 degrees down into the lake, pushing a big boat harder and harder into the water, not up and out.

But I'll also say that there are some very knowledgeable people here to help you with anything you might want to know about getting that boat working nicely. So I'm happy to help with that cause, too!

Cheers

Updates???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 Saltare

Sorry no updates yet.broke my last phone that had the app on it been so busy with work and having had the time to mess with it.Family trip coming up so funds for the speed demon r on hold so hopefully this winter I'll be able to make some head way

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk