Just a little update, still haven't had a successful time out this year

Rebuilt my velvet drive
    Replaced my damper plate
    New oil cooler
    Bought a Holley 4160 and got it all hooked up
    Replaced my rear main seal
    Changed my impeller
    4 new tower speakers and 4 new cabin speakers

Found the issue with my no start when warm issue, replaced the power and ground cables from the battery and she turns over every time now!

When I rebuilt my transmission the main shaft was snapped! Got sheered off right at the point where a hole goes through it, has anyone seen this before or know what would cause it?! I left a picture of it

I'm still getting oil in the bildge though so tonight I took the transmission back off, and I can see oil right below the rear seal on the bottom round lip of my oil pan. I've already bought another main seal to replace it, but I'm starting to wonder if the problem is my oil pan gasket. Really want to figure out before I go back through the process of installing my transmission, again.
    So my question is, do I have to remove the engine to change the oil pan gasket? And is there any way to start the engine without the transmission hooked up to get a better view of where the oil is leaking from? The red one in the picture is the old one and the black one is the new one
    My other issue is my throttle cable and idle screw, when I back out the idle screw to a point, the throttle doesn't follow it past a certain point, is that what the adjustment on the throttle cable is for?
    Thanks!IMG_2070.jpgIMG_2079.jpgIMG_2126.jpgIMG_2021.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rcweltz View Post
    Just a little update, still haven't had a
    I’m curious how much you spent rebuilding your transmission? I’m having issues with reverse so I may have to do mine soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would call Fantastic Finish Marine in Ohio and send it to them for a rebuild. they are well-known as the best Velvet Drive re-builder around. i had the same problem as you--lost reverse in the middle of the season one year. i used it the rest of the season then pulled it early next spring and sent it to them. IIRC it was $100 shipping, $1100-1200 for the rebuild and a new damper plate, and i had a few buddies help put it back in. it's been perfect since then. quotes i got from local shops were for $2200+, so it was a no-brainer IMO.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Milliken37 View Post
    I’m curious how much you spent rebuilding your transmission? I’m having issues with reverse so I may have to do mine soon

If you decide to tackle it yourself....https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...-004-1-1/page3

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    If you decide to tackle it yourself....
    Quote Originally Posted by jtryon View Post
    i would call Fantastic Finish Marine in Ohio and send
    jtryon- would go that route if I weren’t so broke and eager to learn.

Cooose- thanks for the great thread! Is there a way to get “broken” images to show? Maybe I’ll contact Lively and see if he still has the originals.

If you can get through to lively he will help for sure. He's since sold his Supra so not sure how often he checks in around here. He's also got a YouTube channel which he may be more active on.
    http://youtu.be/8ePCVGDxle0

Also read through this while waiting to hear back from lively...
    https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=53874

Great write up from the mastercraft forum. Thanks.

I believe I spent about 5-600 rebuilding mine. Pretty simple if you basic knowledge and tools. Definitely rewarding. I took a bunch of pictures so let me know if you need any.
    1985 Sunsport

2010 GMC 1500

Default 1985 Supra Sunsport

Quote Originally Posted by Rcweltz View Post
    I believe I spent about 5-600 rebuilding mine. Pretty simple if you basic knowledge and tools. Definitely rewarding. I took a bunch of pictures so let me know if you need any.
    Definitely better than buying new or paying a shop. Will do! Hoping to get her out for the first time on Friday for further inspection, but now she’s running rich. I just can’t catch a break.

Yup I hear you. That’s how it goes sometimes. Hit me up if you need pictures of anything I have a bunch now from going through a lot of stuff with mine.
    1985 Sunsport

2010 GMC 1500