Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I’m struggling to get the tranny off. I’ve removed 2 bolts and 4 nuts that fasten the transmission to the flywheel cover. The engine is lifted up in the back. The tranny is even loose from the fly when cover by an 1/8”. But still something is holding it up....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think there were 8 bolts or nuts total, you might be missing two on the bottom.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Milliken37 View Post
    I’m struggling to get the tranny off. I’ve removed 2 bolts and 4 nuts that fasten the transmission to the flywheel cover. The engine is lifted up in the back. The tranny is even loose from the fly when cover by an 1/8”. But still something is holding it up....

My tranny is just sitting on a dolly, I can snap some pics if you think they may help

Default 1985 Supra Sunsport

Quote Originally Posted by jtryon View Post
    i think there were 8 bolts or nuts total, you might be missing two on the bottom.
    I looked into it and there’s only 6. Once I found that out for sure I decided to go ape s*%# on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    My tranny is just sitting on a dolly, I can snap some pics if you think they may help
    Thanks Cooose, just got it. It required a wedge, breaker bar, and a hammer. Not sure if it was the tranny seized up in the fly wheel cover or if it was the input shaft seized up in the fly wheel.

Last edited by Milliken37; 04-30-2018 at 04:57 PM.