Default Better placement for bilge pump on 2006 22SSV

Hello Supra owners. I bought my boat new in 2007 and love the boat overall. I have read a little about placement of the bilge pump. In my opinion the placement is not functional for getting all the water out of the boat. I recently had issues with my automatic bilge pump and after replacing found I have the same issue. What happens is when the boat starts off and is on plane water swishes back and forth when you slow down activating the auto bilge pump and leaving it on unless you turn off manually. Pain especially when you have a boat full of people. Has anyone moved the bilge pump to another location that works? I want to get the water out of the boat or I could just deactivate the auto function as it sits on a lift and is out of the water when not in use. Looking for some advice of what others have done. I think the best answer is finding a place for the bilge that is the lowest part of the boat. Thanks for the help!
    2006 Supra Launch 22SSV Gravity Games Edition

Your pump stays on after it's done pumping water?

Do you have 1 or 2 pumps?

I have a 2007 SSV 22'. Not sure if that is different from the 2006. One pump is under the motor. Pretty far back, but not to the transom. Low spot.

A second pump located in the center. Access thru the floor. The area has a ledge that separates the bow section and engine section. Most of the water from the bow section flows here. Any water in the engine section also moves here if the angle is right.

Does not drain all the water when running around the lake, but I trailer my boat. There is a small hill at the ramp I use. So after I pull the boat out of the water to wipe it down, I pull to that little hill area. The majority of water drains from the center pump.

Both of my pumps cycle off when they are done pumping water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

You could also add another bilge pump or replace the one you have with something like the Whale super sub pump that sits waaay closer to the bottom, uses a simple check-valve to make sure the water in the hose won't run back down into the bilge when the pump shuts off as well as using an electronic switch.
    I think the switch will only turn the pump on if there are water present for a certain amount of time so that it won't come on/off all the time with water "sloshing" around.

In my launch ssv I have both this and a rule-pump with a "water witch" electric bilge switch. I have added a check-valve to the rule-pump and Y-fitting to get them to use the same through hull.
    I am a bit cautious with this so I have them connected to separate batteries so 2 totally redundant systems just in case one battery drains and so on.

Good luck!

I have one pump and it is located right under the ballast system under the back seat so easy to access but not the lowest part of the boat. The 2007 has a deeper V so the only option I have is to go under the motor toward the back of the boat. Not the easiest to access but makes the most sense. I did pull the plug to get the water out but if you are not on an angle this will not drain all the way either. Thank you for your reply. I will figure this out.

Thank you for this information. I will look into this option as well. Right now I am going to try and get the bilge pump to the lowest part of the boat and see if I can solve the issue this way. If I can't get it in the right place I will explore this option. Thanks again for the advice.